What's new

Upgraded to Firmware 386.5_2 broke my internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

J0hnGee

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an RT-AX86U, upgraded my firmware from 386.3_2 to 386.5_2 and no issues with with the install but after it completed my internet broke.

It said my PPOE username and password was invalid.

Good thing I rolled back to 386.3_2 with no fuss and got my internet back again.

Anyone encounter issues?

Thanks,

Hello,

I have an RT-AX86U, upgraded my firmware from 386.3_2 to 386.5_2 and no issues with with the install but after it completed my internet broke.

It said my PPOE username and password was invalid.

Good thing I rolled back to 386.3_2 with no fuss and got my internet back again.

Anyone encounter issues?

Thanks,
AX88U on 386.5_2 and previous versions ok for PPPoE for me . My ISP only uses UserName but no password, however I cant leave the password field blank. So I use some random characters as the password.

Did you try a factory reset?

AX88U on 386.5_2 and previous versions ok for PPPoE for me . My ISP only uses UserName but no password, however I cant leave the password field blank. So I use some random characters as the password.
Hmm.. Interesting. I'll give this a try too. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!