What's new

UPnP - Multiple Xbox One Gaming Consoles & NAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kewl, yes this was mentioned a few posts back. Glad to see it's progressing. Hope it's finally released in October which someone mentioned over on redit. Hope this will put all of this to rest. Will see though.

Finally! Xbox comes up with a real fix

Alternate Port selection
View attachment 10424 View attachment 10423
I'm on Xbox insiders preview. Basically I get builds before they come public. I just noticed, there are some new things in networking. Most notably:
alternate port selection. It looks like it might remap automatically...haven't had a chance to test. However, you can see if I choose manually, it gives me 6 ports to choose from. Looks like Microsoft is coming through.

For anyone interested in preview:
View attachment 10426
It is no longer by invite. You download the Xbox Insider Hub app and give feedback to get earlier builds. You can see the requirements for different levels in the pic

That thread's been slowing down too much, after "only" 31 pages. Here's something to get you going once more:
upload_2017-9-14_22-13-33.png

(goes back into hiding).

what black magic is this, the great wizard has done it again.
the script dint work so im guessing you directly modded miniupnp hoping for a nat toggle like the the net gear in the next update secure (symetric nat) Gaming or open (Full cone)

Broadcom actually did it, not me. I just put a few puzzle pieces together where possible.

Broadcom actually did it, not me. I just put a few puzzle pieces together where possible.
still you manged to make it work, with your genius.
May we please have a test build.

still you manged to make it work, with your genius.
May we please have a test build.

Sure, if you have an RT-AC86U to run it, and are willing to deal with an alpha firmware that will randomly crash...

If i had a 68u i would test if for you, bit i only have an 88u and an 87u I mostly use your alpha builds. If there's an 88u alpha let me know ill test it for you. hell ill be the first one to sign up for testing and feed back.

Last edited:
If i had a 68u i would test if for you, bit i only have an 88u and an 87u I mostly use your alpha builds. If there's an 88u alpha let me know ill test it for you. hell ill be the first one to sign up for testing and feed back.

That option is only available on the new Broadcom HND platform. It's not available for any models but the RT-AC86U.

That thread's been slowing down too much, after "only" 31 pages. Here's something to get you going once more:
Nooooooooooooooooooo! God no. I thought we could finally take this thread out the back and put a bullet in it. :p

OK.... I suppose I have to ask how they're doing this. Given that the router is intrinsically (and wisely) a Port-restricted cone NAT, I'm guessing they've got their own kernel module that replaces or modifies the existing conntrack mechanism?

Nooooooooooooooooooo! God no. I thought we could finally take this thread out the back and put a bullet in it. :p

OK.... I suppose I have to ask how they're doing this. Given that the router is intrinsically (and wisely) a Port-restricted cone NAT, I'm guessing they've got their own kernel module that replaces or modifies the existing conntrack mechanism?

Broadcom patches the kernel netfilter module as well as iptables userspace tools to add fullcone support.

I have no way of eally testing this beyond relying on this online testing tool. And as I said before, I'm still not convinced this will suddenly resolve every gamer's issues - if their port forwarding doesn't work properly, then this will not change a thing.

That option is only available on the new Broadcom HND platform. It's not available for any models but the RT-AC86U.
Well that sucks, hand on isn't the GT-5300 on the same platform?

Press F to pay respects to the thread

Broadcom patches the kernel netfilter module as well as iptables userspace tools to add fullcone support.

I have no way of eally testing this beyond relying on this online testing tool. And as I said before, I'm still not convinced this will suddenly resolve every gamer's issues - if their port forwarding doesn't work properly, then this will not change a thing.
If Full Cone works like my netgear did, I would then it would solve the problem the upnp issue entirely.

And we hope that the MS feature will help with all other kinds of NAT besides full cone. Will be interesting to see what happens when it comes out.

And we hope that the MS feature will help with all other kinds of NAT besides full cone. Will be interesting to see what happens when it comes out.
It should fixed it, since the consoles are requesting different port numbers, but some upnp implementations are how can I say not ideal and I'm referring to ISP units some of those things are literally broken beyond belief.

I might regret asking this. What is the issue? Is it more than two Xbox consoles not working? I have two that work fine. Same network, same game, etc. What is the situation anyone is looking to solve?

I might regret asking this. What is the issue? Is it more than two Xbox consoles not working? I have two that work fine. Same network, same game, etc. What is the situation anyone is looking to solve?
Define working properly?

What nat type do you have, that's what we are trying to resolve open nat via two or more consoles. Also open nat in the games running on the consoles.
Also read the first post on the thread.

Define working properly?
Functioning as intended, I guess? Playable as you would expect.
What nat type do you have, that's what we are trying to resolve open nat via two or more consoles. Also open nat in the games running on the consoles.
Open as reported by the consoles and games. Two Xbox One S systems.

Well that sucks, hand on isn't the GT-5300 on the same platform?

Yes, but too many unique features to the GT-AC5300 for me to want to devote that much time on just one single model, especially one that will ultimately have a fairly small userbase.