What's new

USB Hard drive mount appends (1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dolphinus

Occasional Visitor
Hello my friends, I have a Linksys with ASUSWRT merlin firmware on it, version 380.58 and I have 2 hard drives connected to it, one for tv shows and one for movies, my problem is that sometimes when it reboots the both get mounted but one of them, the one on the ubs 2.0 port gets (1) appended to name, i mean something like this:

Should be:
/tmp/mnt/movies

Instead I get this:
/tmp/mnt/movies(1)

And the problem is that I have several Kodi boxes and it messes up with my libraries every time, Is there a way to prevent this from happening? a way to assure the original mount point is used always?

Thanks in advance, any help would be much appreciated.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
You could label the disk partitions and it will automatically and correctly mount them, OR try this if that don't work:

Know the UUIDs of your disk partitions. Then use the fstab file to map those UUIDs to the correct filesystem mount points.
Code:
/sbin/blkid

Put the UUIDs in the fstab file. This will map them to the filesystem mount points. These ones are fake for the purpose of explanation. The swap partition is extra, just to show you how.

/jffs/configs/fstab
Code:
UUID=0780d972-5387-4d47-b67b-bbad3323b0fd  /tmp/mnt/tvshows   ext4    rw,nodev,noatime     0      2
UUID=fbb08919-03b3-4355-be8f-a303bcfa9f45  /tmp/mnt/movies    ext4    rw,nodev,noatime     0      2
UUID=27fea09b-a1ae-48d4-bcca-711b988eb17a  none               swap    defaults             0      0

/jffs/scripts/init-start
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Create the mount points for /etc/fstab
mkdir -p /tmp/mnt/tvshows
mkdir -p /tmp/mnt/movies

You could label the disk partitions and it will automatically and correctly mount them, OR try this if that don't work:

Know the UUIDs of your disk partitions. Then use the fstab file to map those UUIDs to the correct filesystem mount points.
Code:
/sbin/blkid

Put the UUIDs in the fstab file. This will map them to the filesystem mount points. These ones are fake for the purpose of explanation. The swap partition is extra, just to show you how.

/jffs/configs/fstab
Code:
UUID=0780d972-5387-4d47-b67b-bbad3323b0fd  /tmp/mnt/tvshows   ext4    rw,nodev,noatime     0      2
UUID=fbb08919-03b3-4355-be8f-a303bcfa9f45  /tmp/mnt/movies    ext4    rw,nodev,noatime     0      2
UUID=27fea09b-a1ae-48d4-bcca-711b988eb17a  none               swap    defaults             0      0

/jffs/scripts/init-start
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Create the mount points for /etc/fstab
mkdir -p /tmp/mnt/tvshows
mkdir -p /tmp/mnt/movies
Thank you very much, I tried both methods you explained me, e2label to label each device and maping mount points with the UUIDs, let's sait and see if they work, because there is no way to replicate the issue, just wait for a few reboots and see of the router name the devices correctly.

Just one question though, I should edit fstab on /jffs/config or on /etc ???

Thanks again for your help.

I should edit fstab on /jffs/config or on /etc ???
Edit /jffs/configs/fstab to map your UUIDs. And edit /jffs/scripts/init-start to create the mount points.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!