What's new

verbose logs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tristone

New Around Here
Hi,

I have an Asus RT-AC66U and I'd like to say Asuswrt-Merlin is an excellent piece of work! I just flashed the latest official firmware, quite pleased with the stability and performance but to be honest, a bit disappointed about some vanished features and the log output.

Currently I am using DDNS/NAT loopback and OpenVPN. And I am redirecting logs to my Ubuntu home server. The VPN server crashed once 2 days ago(not sure if it's related to NAT loopback) so I checked the log. But I found nothing there except the usual DHCP allocations. I understand by default most would not want a lot of log entries when the file is in the RAM but it would be really nice if there is some option to turn on the verbose log in case one needs to debug or trace some issue.

I searched the web UI and found nothing related. Does anyone know if I can turn it on using telnet? Thanks!

OpenVPN verbosity can be set through the vpn_loglevel nvram setting. It takes a value between 1 and 9, 3 being default.

Beside that, this is your standard Syslog, so it's up to each client to assign determine what it sends and with which syslog level.