What's new

Very poor 2.4Ghz performance in AIMESH setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm running 2.4GHz on 20MHz Channel, would that be okay?

What is your WiFi environment like? Do you live in a heavily populated area or are you more towards farmlands? :)

If there are many WiFi AP's are operating around you, the 2.4GHz band will be most stable for you and your neighbors at 20MHz bandwidth and channels 1, 6, or 11.

If you're on a huge property and your signal (and theirs) are too weak to interfere with each other (the router shouldn't be able to see any nearby AP's), then use 40MHz width but know that with more available throughput possible at closer distances you will be trading that off from maximum (usable) range too. :)

What is your WiFi environment like? Do you live in a heavily populated area or are you more towards farmlands? :)

I would say it is something in between :) Quiet neighbourhood with regular houses with their own patch of grass.

If there are many WiFi AP's are operating around you, the 2.4GHz band will be most stable for you and your neighbors at 20MHz bandwidth and channels 1, 6, or 11.

I don't think it is many, right now there are three other APs on Ch1, One on Ch3, I have three on Ch6 and one other AP on Ch11. Maybe a couple of more during evenings.

If you're on a huge property and your signal (and theirs) are too weak to interfere with each other (the router shouldn't be able to see any nearby AP's), then use 40MHz width but know that with more available throughput possible at closer distances you will be trading that off from maximum (usable) range too. :)

Then I'll probably stick with 20MHz.