What's new

Very unreliable AiMesh with RT-AC5300 & RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

So i've been trying to get this to work right. Initially everything is fine all my AiMesh nodes pair to the RT-AC5300. The thing is after I start enabling things like VPN Server / Diversion & I reboot the router or I disconnect the ethernet wire from the node the whole thing stalls. The only way for me to get back network connectivity is to unplug everything / power on first the RT-AC5300 then all the nodes. Also I have had issues where after a reboot the AiMesh nodes don't even appear in the interface / To fix I have to reboot. Once everything starts to work it stays working till I make any changes in the router interface such as changing a wireless channel. This again requires me to reboot / or the whole network stops responding. Meaning I can't access the 192.168.1.1 page. If I try the nodes IPs when this happens I get it is detecting the AiMesh router & that never changes till I reboot everything. I have resorted to switching all the nodes to AP mode. When I do this it never has problems. Its just AiMesh mode that isn't working correctly. Has anyone else experienced this unreliability using AiMesh?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!