What's new

VOIP not working after upgrade from AC66 to AC3100 (both merlin)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

simsin

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I hope one of the pros here can give me a hand with my issue.

I recently changed routers from an ASUS AC66U TO ASUS AC3100

I flashed both routers to a recent version of MERLIN

My Obihai 200 device has been setup with Anveo VOIP provider for a long time now, eveything was working great with the AC66.

When i reconnected my devices, everything is working except my VOIP

On the obi200 i have 2 SIP Anveo (primary) and google voice (secondary)

The google voice works, I am able to receive and make calls.

The Anveo doesnt allow to receive or make calls.

Someone mentioned i should disable "SIP passthrough" which i tried and to this seemed to work briefly as the 3rd light on the obi200 started flashing and i was able to make and receive calls with 1-way audio.

The connection to the ANVEO server cant be registered again.

Im not sure what I can do to test what the problem is.

When i connect to the obi200 i get the following:

Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=67.212.84.21:5010; retrying)

is there something i can try to see where the issue is coming from?

sorry for the wall of text thanks for the help!

In case others read your post, your issue is using VLAN with NAT Acceleration turned on. As soon as you disable NAT Acceleration, everything will work the way you want, when SIP Passthrough is set to "Enabled + NAT helper." This trigger isn't using VLAN. The trigger is using VLAN with NAT acceleration enabled.
And the issue occurs when using this setup: http://blog.ngpixel.com/post/104449747538/how-to-bypass-bell-fibe-hub-and-use-your-own-router.

I don't know if the problem being described here is a bug that should be reported to Asus (VLAN with NAT Acceleration on causes SIP problems). RMerlin would know.

For reference, look at Webslinger's post at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12822.msg82317#msg82317
and also visit
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12822.20.

yea webslinger is the one who helped me pinpoint the problem.

I can confirm the VOIP setup works using VLAN with the router PPPOE, with the NAT acceleration disabled.

Hopefully someone can bring this to Rmerlin's attention so he can weigh in on the issue. Maybe he can have it corrected for Merlin fw?

yea webslinger is the one who helped me pinpoint the problem.

I can confirm the VOIP setup works using VLAN with the router PPPOE, with the NAT acceleration disabled.

Hopefully someone can bring this to Rmerlin's attention so he can weigh in on the issue. Maybe he can have it corrected for Merlin fw?
Anything involving NAT acceleration is outside of my control.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!