What's new

Solved VoWiFi stopped working when I switched on Asus AC68U. Any Guide?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mjp93

Occasional Visitor
I have jio as my mobile network carrier and it supports Voice over WiFi.
Earlier I had a cheap router from dlink DIR 815 and VoWiFi was working on my mobile device; that means mobile will show Jio WIFI whenever I am connected to my wifi!

Later this week I got AC68U my high end router as my main router and now Jio WIFI in not shiowing anymore.

Does that mean voWiFi needs newer routers?

I am on ASUS Merlin 384.19.

Thankyou.

Has been working fine with my ASUS Routers (on Merlin).
Probably some issue with Jio signal that VoWiFi goes away few times. Just reset the network settings to troubleshoot and disable and re-enable VoWiFi option.

Has been working fine with my ASUS Routers (on Merlin).
Probably some issue with Jio signal that VoWiFi goes away few times. Just reset the network settings to troubleshoot and disable and re-enable VoWiFi option.

I have already done that, have two apple devices both of them not getting vowifi.

My observation:

D link DIR 815 - - vowifi works on both my iphone
Asus - - vowifi not more available on both devices

My hypothesis: it my router/firmware/or some settings - that i have no idea about nor i am getting any clue form net!

Just hazarding a guess, have you tried different NAT helper settings under WAN | NAT Passthrough?

Try enabling SIP Passthrough.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-02 192740.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-02 192740.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 694
How strong is your mobile signal? If it is to good, it could be possible that your phone is deactivating the feature itself. Try to go into plane mode and activate wifi. Then check if wifi calls are working.

Generally "IPSec Passthru" is the one you need for mobile "WiFi calling" services. The phone makes an IPSec VPN to the mobile operator over the internet.