What's new

Voxel Voxel's firmware for Orbi RBK50 system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well I presume one Voxel gets enough money to purchase an Orbi system, Orbi users will enjoy his work. There are many users who could benefit from his work.
But it will not be soon!
Now for the purchase of Orbi, collected only 34$
I'm interested (RBK50) and I would donate (done).
Thanks for donate!

P.S. We can set an extremely date to collect money. If we don’t collect, we can return the money with the minus commissions.
And do not be surprised that I answer you and not Voxel. Voxel entrusted all financial matters to me, everything is transparent and fair. He sees your every donate and is grateful to everyone for their support.

I happen to know of someone who wants to sell there RBR50. I need to see how much he wants for it. It's been tested and works well as I currently have it on loan from him. o_O I'll see how much he wants for it. Maybe if we can get something going, we can get it sent off to Voxel if he's still interested in developing FW for Orbi.

But it will not be soon!
Now for the purchase of Orbi, collected only 34$

Thanks for donate!

P.S. We can set an extremely date to collect money. If we don’t collect, we can return the money with the minus commissions.
And do not be surprised that I answer you and not Voxel. Voxel entrusted all financial matters to me, everything is transparent and fair. He sees your every donate and is grateful to everyone for their support.

I happen to know of someone who wants to sell there RBR50. I need to see how much he wants for it. It's been tested and works well as I currently have it on loan from him. o_O I'll see how much he wants for it. Maybe if we can get something going, we can get it sent off to Voxel if he's still interested in developing FW for Orbi.
Voxel is a very busy person!
But if they give him or collect money for Orbi, he uses all his knowledge to improve firmware.
He will never refuse to support, because he is too good and responsive person for the present world.:)

Yes we know he's busy. Hoping maybe we can get a collection for this one particular RBR50 and send it to him. o_O Would give him something to start with.

Almost there! BTW - I got my RBK50 setup as a refirb on Woot.com for $180. Not sure if they are going to have the deal again. It sure would be nice if NetGear could offer something... (hint, hint).

Guys, it's not that simple.
I found only one option https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD4KH5M/?tag=snbforums-20
which can be bought and immediately sent to Voxel.
Untitled.jpg
Everything else is not sent to the address where Voxel lives.

Buying at my address and sending it to Voxel is not an option!!!
I live in EU and here I have to pay Shipping & Import Fees Deposit about 85-105$. Two weeks ago I sent a package to Voxel and paid 60 euros for 2.5 kilograms of parcel. This is just crazy prices!

Maybe someone has other options?

I was not suggesting send anything, just showing price here.

Thanks to W1lliam for his donation. But:

1. This unit is still expensive. Cost with delivery to my place in my approximate estimation is more than USD500.
2. I do prefer to use rather new unit but not renewed/repaired. Reason is obvious: unit was already failed so I should spend a lot of time to understand why it is not working, because of my software or because of its hardware failure.
3. I am ready to add the money from our fund but let it be, say, $150. For a unit I do not need for my own usage...

P.S.
There was RBK50 in my city shops, now they are over, more than half of years...

Voxel.

Hi Voxel,

is there any news on this topic? I would be very interested in the custom firmware :)

best,
goeste

Hi Voxel,

is there any news on this topic? I would be very interested in the custom firmware :)

best,
goeste
I think at this point it’s $ only. I’m able to contribute if we’ve got more that are also willing to contribute.

Thank you. But I am not sure. For me it seems that not so much RBK50 owners are interested in my development. Two years passed already... And still no RBK50 in my city BTW.

Maybe vladlenas could comment this.

Voxel.

well, if one uses RBK50 in AP-mode the limitations have been maxed out. However, I am def. willing to contribute $ if needed (of course in a normal manner) and I am def. looking forward to some enhancements on the current/custom FW.

best,
goeste

Do we have any members willing to give $ including myself? $500usd is a lot but I understand different international costs. I am willing to add another 1/3 if we can get another user to add.
Thank you for your offer, but we don’t have any user who is ready to invest in the project.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!