What's new

VPN - VPN Client -Policy Rules (strict) Multiple VPN Servers IP Ranges

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AngryAsusGuy

New Around Here
Hello,

I’m using PureVPN which allows you to connect to up to 5 different VPN servers. PureVPN only allows P2P sharing on a few servers all of which are outside of my region. They have specific servers with dedicated IPs for streaming Netflix and Prime Video. I utilize a server that is the closest to my physical location that offers the best performance which I use for the general web surfing and everything else.

Is it possible to assign specific IP ranges to different VPN connections? I would like to have a range of IPs that utilize a VPN server for P2P file sharing, another range for web surfing, and lastly a range for streaming. I’m guessing it would be best to keep all devices on the same subnet so they can talk to each other over the LAN.

For example:

10.10.10.3 – 10.10.10.20 -> vlus-pa2-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com (P2P VPN server in Panama)

10.10.10.21-10.10.10.40 -> usla2-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com (Los Angeles closest server to me)

10.10.10.51-10.10.10.60 -> netflix-us.pointtoserver.com (Netflix does not block)

I was looking at CIDR blocks and I was wondering if this is the way to go? Would something like the following work?

In the policy rules for the P2P VPN server

10.10.10.3/27 -> VPN

In the policy rules for the Los Angeles VPN server (general web surfing, email, etc.)

10.10.10.32/27 -> VPN

I just chatted with PureVPN support regarding specific VPN servers for streaming, reply is below:

“Thank you for considering PureVPN for all your online security needs Actually, you will have to setup a PPTP client on your VPN using the following servers if you wish to access US Netflix and Amazon Prime: Netflix; abcgo.pointtoserver.com OR netflix-us.pointtoserver.com Amazon: amazon-us.pointtoserver.com OR ussf.pointtoserver.com”

Since PPTP is required for connecting to the streaming servers I’m guessing that I can’t utilize two OpenVPN and one PPTP connections at the same time without some serious scripting. I don’t think it’s critical to have my streaming devices utilize the VPN, so the streaming is not critical as I can always specify WAN in the policy rules for all of the streaming devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!