What's new

Wanted: CFE for RT-AC68U E1 (it takes only 5 min to extract)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheCoder

New Around Here
I think I may have corrupted my CFE. I would be glad for someone with RT-AC68U and E1 revision to pull out their CFE.
If you have other revision of the router you can also post your CFE. We can try making an archive of different CFE's.

Here's instruction (it takes only 5 minutes to do, so I would be glad for help). Whole procedure is unharmful.

You will need Putty and WinSCP :
Putty:
WinSCP:

1. In the router web GUI enable SSH in "Administration" - "System" tab.
2. Open Putty SSH connection on port 22 (use your routers LAN IP address to connect)
3. Open WinSCP and connect them to your router using its Lan IP address), In WinSCP select SCP as protocol.
4. In putty type: cat /dev/mtd0 > original_cfe.bin
4. In WinSCP you should be in the /home/root or /root directory hit the refresh icon on right side to see original_cfe.bin.
5. Copy original_cfe.bin form router to your computer by dragging from the right window to your computer in the left window.
6. Please paste original_cfe.bin here on the forum
7. Disable SSH in "Administration" - "System" tab if you had it disabled.

If you have other revision of the router you can also post your CFE. We can try making an archive of different CFE's.
No we can't. There was a previous thread that had a collection of different CFE's but it was removed because people were using CFE's from different regions by bypass WiFi restrictions. Any such threads are against the forum's policy and will be deleted.

Ok then. I just need to analyse working CFE. It can be censored to meet forums policy. I just want to unbrick the router.

This discussion is fine, as well as other CFE recovery-related discussions. If we see that this is abused, we'll reinstate a ban.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!