What's new

What is Your Internet speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had COX up in New England before coming back here. Up there I had 250GB Cap 30d and 5u. I use to have 43d and 10u but they had removed me from the program. Told me he would cost me to stay on that program. Here in the South it's Comcast I have no Cap limit with 50d and 10u there is no power boost either. This cost me $100 bucks but I get it for $90 because they over charged me.

50/25 Business FIOS and that includes unlimited telephone calls, too. It's my wifes business connection.

We just upgraded from 3meg DSL for $40/month, and dumped our home landline that was another $25 and rolled my wifes business landline into the FIOS, so with all that the cost was a wash and we got like a gabilion times faster internet.

Mine is being doubled to: 105 d / 20 u for the same price as the right now I am on the 50 d / 10 u. Tweaked 67 d / 12 u. Tweaked means direct line in to D3 modem with no CATV nor Digital Phone.

Updated, just ran the test and now I get this below. Made some changes to my TL-ER6120 router. First pic below is what I got prior to changing the settings.

Attachments

• 2338378523.png
    2338378523.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Wow I am getting double speed from Comcast.. :D

Some more tweaks and now this below..

Attachments

• 2612629258.png
    2612629258.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 474
Braggarts, one and all!

You can always pay more for faster speeds. Comcast double speed for the same price. I only $14 bucks for 1 year for 132 down and 20 up I get. Comcast the pick up the rest of the cost. That's the deal after I had cut the cord on CATV and Digital Phone Service.

I get 15/1 (20 burst) from TimeWarner. Old account, grandfathered-in for this rate which now they charge more for.

Internet is part of a TV/Phone/Internet bundle which I took after, ugh, well, "parting ways" with AT&T (forever!).

Standard: $45/mo, 15/1
Turbo: 15/2, ADD $20
Extreme: 20/5, ADD $30
Ultimate: 50/5, ADD $50

I suppose Extreme and Ultimate are DOCSIS 3; not sure.

I hear that Cox is a lot less costly.
U-Verse is here but it is less than awful. And I won't deal with the evil empire at any price.

I get 15/1 (20 burst) from TimeWarner. Old account, grandfathered-in for this rate which now they charge more for.

Internet is part of a TV/Phone/Internet bundle which I took after, ugh, well, "parting ways" with AT&T (forever!).

Standard: $45/mo, 15/1
Turbo: 15/2, ADD $20
Extreme: 20/5, ADD $30
Ultimate: 50/5, ADD $50

I suppose Extreme and Ultimate are DOCSIS 3; not sure.

I hear that Cox is a lot less costly.
U-Verse is here but it is less than awful. And I won't deal with the evil empire at any price.

I had Cox since 2006 to 2011. Prices goes up by the mid 2011 it was costing me for the internet, digital phone HDCATV over $211 and I only had 20 down with boost felt like 30 down but up was only 5.

Down here with Comcast 2011 and now (I've them since 1999 but up there not here they merge with the prior so in 2011 I had them redo all the coax wiring that was dated here. Ran fiber but still it was connected to the old wiring in the house. 3rd Level Service Tech had to re-wire the fiber to the house told me it had to be near the PS to the house instead of being near their box. Okay he starting digging around the yard.

So 15 down then 20 down but they don't offer in my area 30 down so I got the 50 down which is now 105 down but fixing the box (I know) but I get max down is 132 which isn't bad there is no boost on 50 or higher with them. They do have 210 down but don't need that.

50 down was suppose to be $79 if you gone with everything they have. $99 if you don't want anything but internet only.

I get a discount for year, they call it something else but Corp did that for me they were over charging me since 2011 with them you don't get money back you get a reduce price.

D3 modem I own right so cost per month is very low. I'll see if I'll keep the double speed or just get 50 down instead.

Although upload speed is much better than it was at 10 up now 20 up.

Note: When return anything equipment you rented through these CATV companies they're suppose to give you back any money you had to put up front with. Cox doesn't do this will if your were grandfather in but that can change if you change the way your account was.

That's how they get you to pay more or less service!

Last edited:
35 down 2 up bright house networks is sad......

Can't wait for FIOS or Google Fiber to hit my area. Bright House will be history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!