What's new

What is Your Internet speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeishom

Regular Contributor
Here is mine -

Attachments

• 1500220096.png
    1500220096.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 304
30mbps down and 10mbps uploads

Here are mine through a DIR-827, both wired and wireless. My ISP claims 100Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

Attachments

• wired.png
    wired.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 530
  • wireless.png
    wireless.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 522
note that speedtest.net uses a brief throughput test. The cable companies (and DSL?) are doing speed bursts where after a few seconds, the speed is reduced by their system. This is a very good idea as the speed burst accommodates most Internet use cases. BUT, the speedtest.net results don't run long enough to see the actual sustained rate the ISP will support.

Those lucky ones on fiber (FIOS) are to be envied. For a "few dollars" more, we cable modem types can go to DOCSIS 3 at many ISPs and get more speed. For me anyway, DOCSIS 2 at 15-20Mbps down is more than adequate, and few Internet hosts will provide that sustained rate anyway.

mY HOME NETWORK iNTERNET SPEED

DOCSIS 3 modem and ASUS RT-N66U running both radios, all LAN ports.
~50mbps down/~3mbpsup typical any time of the day..

if you don't mind, what's the cost for DOCSIS 3?

Hi,
It came with a cable bundle free of rent or extra charge. Our bundle is HDTV, Internet service and two phone numbers. ISP is shaw cable. They don't allow 3rd party boxes of any kind tracking their inventory by serial numbers.
They won't activate anything unless the s/n is in their DB. This DOCSIS 3 box has 8x4 channel bonding.

I too have a bundle: from Time Warner. HDTV, Digital Phone, DOCSIS 2.
I never thought I'd take a bundle, but with AT&T's landline/LD costs so high, the bundle is cheaper. And each time I priced Dish/Direct, it costs more for less.
I think Time Warner wants a plus-up of $20/mo to go to DOCSIS 3 for me. Probably not worth it.

Between this bundle and two cell phones, it's amazing how much we're spending on this stuff.

This is the bundle I have at home Alles-in-1 Extra:
- TV (channels: 25 analogue, 120 digital, 19 HD)
- Landline telephone (free calls to other Ziggo customers)
- Internet DOCSIS 3 120 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload

€ 67 / month

Wired
1039252326.png

Wireless
1223436909.png

alf_con01.jpg

Last edited:
LTE in San Diego on iPad - LTE with MDM9600 on a lightly loaded network... and I'm an early iPad 3G customer, so I'm grandfathered in under the ATT unlimited plan - it's a minority of tablets, but according to tribal knowledge, no throttling on those early iPad adopters - ATT is using those customers to see real world usage. ATT only offered unlimited data for a couple of months for iPads...

At these speeds - a 3GB cap would be hit rather quickly in a couple of days...

Anyways, I suspect this is 700MHz 3GPP Release 8 LTE 10*10 T1R2 config, but I could be wrong - I don't have insight into their actual network - notice though, this is typically busy hour for most cellular networks...

BTW - you might notice the WiFi icon, the test was run on LTE, not on WiFi... my home BB connection is around 25Down/5Up on DOCSIS 2.0 with Cox HSI...

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
http://www.utopianet.org/blogs/news/1-gig-announcement

My ISP, XMission, is now offering 1Gbps residential service over Utopia FTTH. At $300/month this seems awfully steep and I know the ASUS RT-N66U I have wouldn't be able to handle those kinds of speeds. I would have to upgrade to a business commercial wired router to take advantage of anything close to bandwidth capacity. Maybe when Google's 1Gbps network rolls out in Kansas City and their prices per month finally gets announced, the price for XMission's 1Gbps may be adjusted to match. For now I will just have to get by with the 100/100 service I pay $45/month for...

Cablevision/Optimum West (ex-Bresnan). Sold as 15/2, typically see around 13-15 down and 1.5-1.7 up.

My Comcast is supposed to be 12/3, but depends on the time of day. Evenings my download speed goes down to 2-4Mb/s. Terrible, can hardly stream a video at that speed. It used to be better, but a lot of people are not using cable TV, they're streaming their entertainment. Comcast apparently doesn't feel that they need to build out the infrastructure to support the speeds that people pay them to deliver. I guess that keeps a few people paying for cable TV, since their internet is nonfunctional. Sucks, if I could find a good alternative I'd give Comcast the bird and really enjoy doing it. I hate getting screwed over, but they're about the only game in this town.

So it goes.

My Comcast is supposed to be 12/3, but depends on the time of day. Evenings my download speed goes down to 2-4Mb/s. Terrible, can hardly stream a video at that speed. It used to be better, but a lot of people are not using cable TV, they're streaming their entertainment. Comcast apparently doesn't feel that they need to build out the infrastructure to support the speeds that people pay them to deliver. I guess that keeps a few people paying for cable TV, since their internet is nonfunctional. Sucks, if I could find a good alternative I'd give Comcast the bird and really enjoy doing it. I hate getting screwed over, but they're about the only game in this town.

So it goes.

Well, Comcast finally added some more capacity in my neighborhood (after a year of increasingly crappy service), and we're now getting about 25Mb/s download all day long. I feel like I should get at least 1/2 off of what I was paying for the last year, since they were not delivering any where near what they promised for the last year. I know what the chance of getting any rebate is, so I'm just going to enjoy having internet streaming available in the evening *smile*. Right at the moment there are 4 adults living at my house, and 2 or 3 of us can be trying to stream something in the evening. Been a long time since we've been able to do that.

This mine... :)

Attachments

• 2088794100.png
    2088794100.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 272
Higher ping but max results in downloads..;)

Attachments

• 2090467789.png
    2090467789.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 321
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!