What's new

Whati is the VPN Performance of AC66U? throughput, simul tunnels, simul clients?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jimb

New Around Here
Could anyone please tell me the OpenVpn client-gateway throughput performance (256 AES) for the AC66U? using either RMerlin or DD-wrt firmware.

2. PPTP VPN Server performance. (This was not there in the review of the router on SNB.)

3. How many simultaneous tunnels and clients can it support under OpenVpn? Thanks.

My benchmarks done using AES-CBC-128 gave me a maximum throughput of 22 MB/s using my firmware. No idea about DD-WRT or PPTP.

My firmware allows two server tunnels and two client tunnels at the same time.

Can one run 1 Vpn Server and 2 Vpn clients all at the same time with your firmware?

RMerlin, Thanks for the reply. :D

Sorry for the delay in replying to you I was checking for screenshots of your firmware to see how this can be done as i dont have your firmware on the router yet. I can see that there are settings for VPN Server 1&2 and Client 1&2 in the menu. I didnt see that with the DD-wrt. So maybe i will try your firmware.

Can one run 1 OpenVPN Server and 2 Vpn clients all at the same time with your firmware?

My benchmarks done using AES-CBC-128 gave me a maximum throughput of 22 MB/s using my firmware. No idea about DD-WRT or PPTP.

My firmware allows two server tunnels and two client tunnels at the same time.

Any special settings required to get kind of throughput? I'm on a 20/2 connection, and the most VPN client-gateway throughput I can get is 12-14megabit. I was on your 270.26b firmware now I'm on the 372... FWIW I followed the instructions for my VPN provider here apart from the unneeded password.txt file. Not just the gateway I'm on, when I VPN client on my box I can get ISP rated bandwidth.

Love your firmware BTW. :)

Any special settings required to get kind of throughput? I'm on a 20/2 connection, and the most VPN client-gateway throughput I can get is 12-14megabit. I was on your 270.26b firmware now I'm on the 372... FWIW I followed the instructions for my VPN provider here apart from the unneeded password.txt file. Not just the gateway I'm on, when I VPN client on my box I can get ISP rated bandwidth.

Love your firmware BTW. :)

No special setting. Throughout will depend on what your VPN tunnel provider is able to give you, the crypto they use, etc...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!