What's new

Which mode would I configure my 2x ET12's (wired by eth) from my main AX89 Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

talisman2208

Occasional Visitor
So my main router is an AX89 and I have 2x ET12's down the line. I'm confused at which setting I should set my ET12's up on. What's the difference?

1684552656107-png.50250

AP, Repeater, and AImesh all seem like the same to me.

I'm looking for a zero handoff like mesh network throughout my property

None of the above.

Perform a full reset to factory defaults on the nodes, then go to your main router and add them to AiMesh.

Do not touch the GUI on the nodes at all after fully resetting them.

That's good to know -

I can't figure out how the wifi networks work, The AX89 has wifi 6 but the ET12's have Wifi 6e? Are those two completely different SSIDs and networks?

The main router will propagate its settings to the nodes. It will be one network (unless you use Guest Network 1, which will be on its own). The SSIDs don't give you a different network, on their own.

My concern is that the Wifi 6 is going to mess with the 6E and vice versa.

Wi-Fi 6 is on 5GHz band, Wi-Fi 6E is on 6GHz band. For less mess disable Smart Connect.

Which is my phone going to connect to?

For a phone it doesn't matter. It with work equally well connected to either band. You don't need 6E if you ask me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!