What's new

Who is consuming the traffic?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

The realtime traffic page shows quite permanent traffic about 500KB/sec, close to full ISP bandwidth. It's the same at WAN and 2.4Ghz tabs, so apparently some wireless LAN client is downloading something big at full speed.
s2.jpg

But when I try to find out which LAN client is consuming it, I see nothing, and it shows the total 5KB/s.
s1.jpg

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Have you tried disconnecting all wireless clients and reconnecting one by one? Have you tried rebooting?

Of course I can eventually figure out "who" by more than one way, but the point is, this is pretty much regular behavior, so unless there's something I overlooked, maybe it's worth Merlin's looking into.

Router: AC68R; firmware: last time saw in 378.56

Certainly, I will be happy to perform any troubleshooting steps if firmware developer expresses interest to this problem.

I thought the traffic monitoring stuff was all closed source and out of Merlin's control. Is the issue present when using stock ASUS firmware ?

Run tcpdump on the router to get a better idea of exactly what traffic is going where?

Router: AC68R; firmware: last time saw in 378.56

Certainly, I will be happy to perform any troubleshooting steps if firmware developer expresses interest to this problem.
What does Adaptive QoS bandwidth monitor say about it?

um lan is wired that image shows wifi 2.4ghz range. check your wifi devices connected, and if you dont use allow mac address, I suggest you start could be bug too i guess