What's new

Why am I not getting max ac link rate with SNR 30?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Qbcd

Regular Contributor
So this is what I'm seeing on my RT-AX86U wireless log:

Hm.png

Noise is -90 dBm, RSSI is -60 dBm, therefore SNR should be 30, correct?

The client is an RT-AC66U B1 AiMesh node, so it has 3x3 ac on 5 GHz.

The max link rate for 3x3 ac 80 MHz would be 1300 mbps, yet it's only connecting at 702, a little more than half, not even close to max. According to multiple sources I've found 27-30 SNR is needed for max link rate on ac.

I know link rates are theoretical and real world speed is about half, but shouldn't the link rate still reflect SNR?

Do you have android? Play Store download WiFi Analyzer & Open Signal run these both on your cell connected by your WiFi. Do what we call cheap site survey but it's very effective one though. A lot of the WiFi and Wired LAN & Wireless LAN speeds vary and. Wireless does degrade

2000 = 1200 mbps
1350 = 810 mbps
1200 = 720 mbps
1000 = 600 mbps

These would be the end results.. Average your mbps may very. I try to keep my network gear cool for best results and life span usage. Coax on Broadband on Fiber going to be a lot depending on the ONT condition.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!