What's new

Wifi Page Half Loading in 380.63

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rmckellar

Occasional Visitor
I have tried reflashing, rebooting, logging out, etc... this will not go away. Any time I try to go to the Advance Wireless Settings page, it looks like this, as if only part of the menu will load. I have also tried making the text smaller, thinking it would show more of the page, but that was fruitless, also.

edit: actually 5g is completely unavailable for me even though everywhere it's selected as 'on'

Attachments

• merlinwireless11062016.png
    merlinwireless11062016.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 745
Try another one (IE). Edge is still mostly beta.

What router model?

Check your web browser for any Javascript error, and make sure your WPA key doesn't contain any non-alphanumerical characters. Some of these can break the webui.

AC87U.

How do I check for JavaScript errors? I tried another computer with Firefox. Tried redownloading and reflashing, no help.

There's no way to downgrade to the last stable build, right?

AC87U.

There's no way to downgrade to the last stable build, right?

You'd reflash with the version you had in mind. Incidentally, you didn't say which version you flashed from. And you didn't confirm that you don't have any non-alphanumerical characters in your WPA password.

I'm fairly sure I had the same thing many moons ago, which I sorted with a restore to factory default settings followed by reinstating my own settings.

Since you have an RT-AC87U (which has a quirky 5 GHz implementation), try doing a complete power cycle of your router. Turn it off for a minute or two, then turn it back on.

If you can't even see the 5 GHz radio broadcast after that, then chances are it's defective. Last ressort would be to try a factory default reset, and reconfiguring it.

No really wrong, but for many, not right either.

Specifically, it's the Quantenna chipset and the drivers that cause issues for some users.

I flashed from stock where i had done a factory reset and to clear out everything and then updated to the latest stock firmware because the router had been in use in my old home that we just moved from. I have all alphanumeric characters in my WPA passcode and I have tried doing a complete power cycle.

RMerlin, what is exactly wrong about 87U 5 GHz implementation?

It uses a chip from a different manufacturer than the rest of the hardware, which comes with its own CPU and its own separate firmware, and which is linked to the "main" hardware over what amounts to a network switch. It's a bit "hackish", and the chip used for that 5 GHz support is known to have frequent stability/reliability issues.

You'd reflash with the version you had in mind. Incidentally, you didn't say which version you flashed from. And you didn't confirm that you don't have any non-alphanumerical characters in your WPA password.

I'm fairly sure I had the same thing many moons ago, which I sorted with a restore to factory default settings followed by reinstating my own settings.

tried downgrading, flash didn't take. should i try flashing back to stock?

edit: aaand flashing to stock didn't work either! Latest stock is Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3459, it's 380, shouldn't it work?
So how do I get out of this then? If i do a factory reset, does it go back to original factory firmware? I am under the impression it keeps current firmware but clears all settings and cache.

Last edited:
tried downgrading, flash didn't take. should i try flashing back to stock?

edit: aaand flashing to stock didn't work either! Latest stock is Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3459, it's 380, shouldn't it work?
So how do I get out of this then? If i do a factory reset, does it go back to original factory firmware? I am under the impression it keeps current firmware but clears all settings and cache.

Peehaps try again to flash 380.63 using the rescue tool as advocated at:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-asuswrt-merlin-380-63-is-now-available.35561/#post-288872

and

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-to-use-rescue-tool-firmware-restoration-on-asus-router.29434/

At the same time following L&LD's instructions at:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

If the same cable works on LA2,3 and 4 I would say yes. Does the 5GHZ radio works?

"Join the club." :)

I'm sorry to hear that, RMA is the only way, ask for a new model in exchange.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!