What's new

Wired speed/duplex issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

paradeedle

New Around Here
I added kamoj's information addon to my Nighthawk X4S and noticed an odd speed/duplex issue showing for my wired connection:
Port Status WAN:1000M/Full, LAN0:10M/Full, LAN1:1000M/Full, LAN2:100M/Full, LAN3:Link down

LAN0 is another router setup for VPN access. I checked that router(running DD-WRT) and it is showing 1000M/Full. I have no idea why it is showing 10/Full on the X4S. Any idea why the X4S is negotiating at 10M/Full?

I added kamoj's information addon to my Nighthawk X4S and noticed an odd speed/duplex issue showing for my wired connection:
Port Status WAN:1000M/Full, LAN0:10M/Full, LAN1:1000M/Full, LAN2:100M/Full, LAN3:Link down

LAN0 is another router setup for VPN access. I checked that router(running DD-WRT) and it is showing 1000M/Full. I have no idea why it is showing 10/Full on the X4S. Any idea why the X4S is negotiating at 10M/Full?

I dont run that add on but... what color is the link light on the X4 (7800) for that port? I know my Roku connects at 100Full and the light is amber instead of white.

The LED color indicates the speed: white or green for Gigabit Ethernet connections and amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.

I have the LEDs turned off except for the power LED.

It turns out I'm just dumb. I was tracking down wires and LAN0 was actually my PC that was turned off. Apparently it just auto-negotiates to 10M/Full when it's off. I turned on that machines it is showing 1000M/Full again.

Disregard

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!