What's new

Wireless Security Cameras & RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

security camera setup

• setup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • configuration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peek

New Around Here
Hello All -
I have an RT-AC3100 router. It's running firmware version 3.0.0.4.380_3941-g27d8adf. I have setup security cameras but once they are fully configured I cannot access them over the network. I do see them in the network map in the router so know they are configured and have Static Wireless IP. At one time I did have 3 cameras working at once and could view them just fine but I don't know what I am doing different now??

I have no problem seeing them when first hardwire connected to the router and getting an IP from router and then configure then just get intermittent connection via Internet Explorer. I have had a few routers that come with their own search tool and have never ever seen anything come up in any of the search tools so wonder if there is something I did wrong in the router setup? This router has been setup on my network for a year and have had no issues with it. I'm wondering what more I have to do to the router to actually be able to manage them, maybe port forwarding? They are both set to port 80 at the moment. Also, if anyone has any experience with iSpy or another tool where I can view all of my camera's at once would be good because they are all different model cameras. Right now I'm only working with two cameras an Escam and a Wanscam.

At one time I did have 3 cameras working at once and could view them just fine but I don't know what I am doing different now??

If all 3 were working at one time but not now, something must have changed.

If you can figure out what that may be, you would be half-way to finding the solution.

Does everything function correctly if you temporarily connect the 3 cameras to the router using 3 Ethernet cables ?

If yes, the problem seems to concern WiFi - did you install a cordless phone, Bluetooth device, baby alarm or something else which might interfere with the WiFi signal ?

Hello. I’m really not sure what changes. I haven’t added anything new. The signal from the router is excellent throughout our who yard. I purposefully put the router in the middle of the house/property. I can walk around with a laptop, my iPad and phone and get great signal. That was the first thing I checked. I don’t have an issues with anything but the cameras so was wondering if it might be a setting in the router. I can ping all cameras from the router and from Windows 7 64 bit laptop and from the router itself. Right now I have one camera configured again but haven’t taken it off the router. What is best, configure static IP’s for them and take out of dhcp pool or let them pickup IP via dhcp every time the reboot?