What's new

Asus Tuf H3 Wireless Charging Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehone2995

New Around Here
I have Asus H3 Wireless headphones. I connect it to the USB port of the computer and do not touch it until the next day. However, when I look at it, it still shows 25% charge and it turns off immediately after short-term use. I still have the same problem when I try to charge it with the adapter. As a last resort, I tried charging it with a 40W fast adapter, but it could charge 100% that way. What do I do with this problem?

I have Asus H3 Wireless headphones. I connect it to the USB port of the computer and do not touch it until the next day. However, when I look at it, it still shows 25% charge and it turns off immediately after short-term use. I still have the same problem when I try to charge it with the adapter. As a last resort, I tried charging it with a 40W fast adapter, but it could charge 100% that way. What do I do with this problem?

This forum is for networking, I don't think you're going to get any help with headphones....

Wrong forum, yes.

But there are two options for you.

First, just use the 40W power supply as that is working for you.

Second, are you turning off the computer overnight? If so, don't. What computer is this? What power supply does it have (if it's a laptop)?

Have you tried using a different USB port on the computer? They are not all identical in power/capabilities.

How old are the headphones? How much use do they have (charge/discharge cycles)? The internal battery and/or circuits may need replacing.

Maybe with more info (and asking a mod to move this into the proper forum), you can get some kind of resolution (if the above doesn't help already).

1. Use your motherboard's Back Panel USB ports. Front USB ports: X.
2. Old and new phone chargers work fine.
3. USB hubs which support charging work fine.
Otherwise, USB port issue. USB cable issue.
Do you like H3? I hate it. It hurts my head and ears. The sound is just ok though.

1. Use your motherboard's Back Panel USB ports. Front USB ports: X.
2. Old and new phone chargers work fine.
3. USB hubs which support charging work fine.
Otherwise, USB port issue. USB cable issue.
Do you like H3? I hate it. It hurts my head and ears. The sound is just ok though.

Without knowing the OPs motherboard, how could you possibly know the back panel are any different? In fact I've seen many motherboards/PCs that have more charging power on the front panel, especially the USB-C port, but even the USB 3.x ports. They know that is where people are typically going to be plugging in stuff that needs a decent amount of power.

My experience mirrors @follower's.

The rear (i.e. direct to MB) USB connectors work much better (i.e. faster, more stable, and reliable) vs. any front/side/top panel connectors I've ever used.

Unless the MB is fried, and/or the device being plugged in is in working order, the rear connectors always work.

I can't say the same for front/side/top USB ports.

The main difference between the back ports and the front panel ports lies in the signal integrity, not in power supply. Front ports might be more iffy when dealing with data because you are adding an extra 30-50 cm to the cable length, however that won`t impact someone who just wants to charge a device - you will still get the same 5V.

The main difference between the back ports and the front panel ports lies in the signal integrity, not in power supply. Front ports might be more iffy when dealing with data because you are adding an extra 30-50 cm to the cable length, however that won`t impact someone who just wants to charge a device - you will still get the same 5V.

Exactly...

Something to note - it's board dependent, but some boards do allow for charging even when the computer is tuned off or sleeping...

Check the board's documentation - I've got an Intel NUC 8 that has a specific port that allows for this (many NUC's do) and this port is a yellow socket (as compared to the typical blue for USB3 and black for USB2).

Going to the headset itself - the charging port is USB-C, so perhaps OP isn't using the cable that was supplied with it, but rather something else...

Just so that we're all on the same page, this is from the Quick Start Guide...

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 3.24.33 PM.png

Check the cable that you're using to charge the headset - looking at the QSG, there doesn't appear to be either a charging cable or charger included in the box.

If it's not charging with a 40W external charger, it's likely not the PC, but the cable itself.

Something to note - it's board dependent, but some boards do allow for charging even when the computer is tuned off or sleeping...

Check the board's documentation - I've got an Intel NUC 8 that has a specific port that allows for this (many NUC's do) and this port is a yellow socket (as compared to the typical blue for USB3 and black for USB2).
Right, and at least on many laptops, the user can configure it to determine if you still want that port to provide power while the PC is turned off. I don't think I have seen that with desktop motherboards however, so it`s unlikely to be related to the OP's problem.

I would indeed check the cable and the port used for charging. A USB 2.0 port would only be able to provide up to 200 mA for instance, while a USB 3.2 C port, if both ends support PD and you have a cable that`s also capable of handling PD, might be able to negotiate a higher charge rate. A cheap/incorrect cable that lacks the proper wiring might revert back to charging only at 5V 200 mA.

And there's also the possibility of a problem with the USB-C port on the front case. Could be it's not connected at all since not all motherboards have an internal USB-C connector - some only have a USB 3.0 connector (the one with the very high density pins, that can be so easily broken too).

Status
Not open for further replies.