What's new

wireless ssid changing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

expaddy

New Around Here
For some reason when I set the wireless ssid for 5g and 2.4g they change back to what they had before.

So I set them the same at first and then I wanted to change them so as I could ensure that the pc upsatairs was connecting to the 5g. So I deleted both and went through the network set up again and gave them different ssid's and all seemed to work fine but today they have reverted back to the previous settings. I carried out reboots after the deletion and the change.

The strange thing is that it's not a permanent change it seems to flit back and forth from the old one to the new one. I am supposing a major change like this would maybe require a factory reset of the router??

If so could somebody point me in the correct direction of properly flattening the router.

I had that same problem, my ac66u worked great for about 6 months on the same firmware and then started losing the ssid setup couple times a day. I updated to 4561 and all is good again. Beware, some people are having reboot issues on 4561 but I am not, 8 days uptime now.

Hi,
After changing the SSID of your choice, applied(saved) setting to make it permanent?
Again change SSID >> Save it.