What's new

How do I change client IP addressing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hebraun

New Around Here
Hello,

I have set up a shared mesh system with three routers (two of them wireless). So far it works fine.
My question: I have to change the automatically assigned IP addresses for the two client WLAN routers (distributed throughout the house), otherwise there is an IP address conflict.

How can I change the IP's manually - not the IP address of the main router?

Best regards
Herbert
ant go.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @hebraun.

English, please.

Hello,

I have set up a shared mesh system with three routers (two of them wireless). So far it works fine.
My question: I have to change the automatically assigned IP addresses for the two client WLAN routers (distributed throughout the house), otherwise there is an IP address conflict.

How can I change the IP's manually - not the IP address of the main router?

Best regards
Herbert
ant go.
I have a shared mesh system set up with three routers (two of them wireless). That's how it works.My question: I have to change the automatically assigned IP addresses for the two client WLAN routers (distributed in the house), otherwise there would be an IP address conflict.How can I change the IPs manually - not the IP address of the main router?Best regardsHerbert
It is difficult to change the address of a node. It is possible to use the manually assigned address feature. But, it would be easier to let your clients have addresses assigned by DHCP. Or, change the range of DHCP addresses.
Es ist schwierig, die Adresse eines Knotens zu ändern. Es ist möglich, die Funktion zur manuellen Adressvergabe zu nutzen. Es wäre jedoch einfacher, Ihren Clients Adressen per DHCP zuweisen zu lassen. Oder ändern Sie den Bereich der DHCP-Adressen.

Assuming you're using them as mesh nodes and not as individual "routers" the only way I can guess the reason for address conflicts is that you've manually set one or more client addresses on clients themselves. Don't do that (rather, /undo/ that), or take the time to reserve such addresses in your router's DHCP settings. It's easier to just let DHCP always manage addresses in my experience.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!