What's new

WNDA350 vs WNDR3700 as AP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TommyL

New Around Here
WNDAP350 vs WNDR3700 as AP?

Hi!

I have a router based on an Intel Atom D510 Mini-ITX running ClearOs (formerly ClarkConnect), and I am using an old wrt54gl as an access point, with NAT and firewall disabled.
This is working great, but I am now thinking of adding a N AP, using the wrt54gl for b/g, and the new AP exclusively for N.
So I was wondering...will a dedicated AP like the WNDAP350 be significantly better in terms of range and speed than a WNDR3700 used only as an AP?
I know that there is a huge price difference...so basicly what I'm asking is...will the performance increase (if any) justify the price difference on the WNDAP350 vs WNDR3700 as an AP?
Or are there any other and better alternatives?

Best Regards

Tommy

Last edited:
You're not getting better performance using an AP vs. a converted router. Just different features.
Both products have been reviewed and you can compare their performance in the Wireless Charts.

I see. I might as well just opt for the more inexpensive of the two.
Thanks a lot! :)

Regards

Tommy

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!