What's new

WPS Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Afeks

New Around Here
Hi,

I have RT-AC3200 with 380.57 firmware.
I can't add client to my WiFi through WPS. I have enabled WPS on my network but when I choose Button whether Client PIN Code WPS method and click start, WPS page is refreshing and connection status remain idle. When I push WPS hardware button WPS led is blinking but nothing happens.
Is this a bug from the software?

Regards,
Afeks

Yes, it doesn't work from the scratch. I've bought this router one week ago and this WPS have never worked for me on it. On RT-N66U router everything worked fine.
Usually I have WPS disabled but sometimes when I need to add new client I'm enabling this feature for a while.

You may want to try hggomes fork of the RMerlin firmware to see if that issue persists?

PM hggomes directly if you want the download link.

Sure, I can give a try.
It looks like even when WPS is enabled in config it remains disabled because my client's WiFi software have greyed out WPS Connection to my network.

EDIT
I've tested original firmware from ASUS (3.0.0.4.378.9459) and WPS there is working fine.
So there's a bug in Merlin's firmware.

Last edited: