What's new

Wrong Interface Type

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Izoel

New Around Here
How to change the wrong type of interface info on client list?
Untitled100.png

These devices supposed to be connected to 2.4G Wifi, not Ethernet.

I'm using RT-AC88U and 382.2-Beta2 firmware.

This is known issue.. heard it was fixed in 384 ASUS firmware.

Updated to 382.2_beta2 last night and while this interface problem is better it's still not accurate. I currently have 7 wireless devices active and the AC86 misses 2 of them as being wireless, an Amazon Fire tablet and a Harmony Hub, it shows both devices as being wired.

The iOS iPhone app has it correct though.

Wait, 384? Okay, so 384 is Asus official but I'm still using Merlin's 382.

Too many versions, especially on a Sunday. :)

Last edited:
Updated to 382.2_beta2 last night and while this interface problem is better it's still not accurate. I currently have 7 wireless devices active and the AC86 misses 2 of them as being wireless, an Amazon Fire tablet and a Harmony Hub, it shows both devices as being wired.
382 still has the issue. Something Asus needed to fix.

It’s definitely fixed in 384.

382 still has the issue. Something Asus needed to fix.

It’s definitely fixed in 384.
I'm sure it's here somewhere but I'm a bit confused. 384 is the official Asus FW but Merlin is developing/modifying on 382. Will 384 get incorporated into Merlin 382 or will 382 become Merlin 384 in the future?

Thanks

Scratch the above, I see he's already commented on it in the main 382 thread.

I am seeing this problem in 384.3 on a RT-AC68U. A client in 5GHz Guest3 is showing in the wired list.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!