What's new

Yet another malware block script using ipset (v4 and v6)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That is a bit odd. Is this happening on each run? I pushed a small change. Can you re-download and see if that helped?

@shooter40sw @Xentrk @e2301010 @LUZIFER Please use the latest version: pgl.yoyo.org is automatically whitelisted. You will not need to use the domain whitelisting feature of iblock-loader script for this anymore.

For me it took 30m and locked me out of internet access completely had to restart router, couldnt even access the router admin page or DNS

EDIT: going to try again, did not see that you updated, my issue with the speed is my ISP, at this hour it crawls...

Last edited:
Now no error message but still YAMalwareBlock1IP (0)

Code:
May 20 19:35:48 Firewall: /jffs/scripts/ya-malware-block.sh: Adding ya-malware-block rules to firewall...
May 20 19:35:55 Firewall: /jffs/scripts/ya-malware-block.sh: Loaded sets YAMalwareBlock1IP (0) YAMalwareBlock2IP (5711) and YAMalwareBlockCIDR (0) in 7 seconds

For me it does not work, as soon as the script finishes putty times out and I have no internet nor router access, I have to reboot the router and all to normal

Code:
 Loaded sets YAMalwareBlock1IP (64508) YAMalwareBlock2IP (0) and YAMalwareBlockCIDR (8831) in 2939 seconds

Although there were no issues running this script on my router, others seem to have issues with it. So I took away some of the speed improvements. Whitelisting feature still remains. Please try Version 2.1

works just fine, thx

Code:
May 20 20:55:48 Firewall: /jffs/scripts/ya-malware-block.sh: Adding ya-malware-block rules to firewall...
May 20 20:55:59 Firewall: /jffs/scripts/ya-malware-block.sh: Loaded sets YAMalwareBlock1IP (65536) YAMalwareBlock2IP (4418) and YAMalwareBlockCIDR (8446) in 11 seconds

@shooter40sw can you check is both the new files are there in /jffs/ipset_lists ?
Please post:
Code:
ls /jffs/ipset_lists

I keep losing complete internet access, no access to the router, I dont have the scripts in the jffs, I use the USB drive and run the from there, this is the 2.1 version

Code:
/tmp/mnt/sda1/malware-filter# ls
ya-malware-block.sh       ya-malware-block.sh.old2  ya-malware-block.urls     ya-smalware-block.whites

Code:
/ya-malware-block.sh: Adding ya-malware-block rules to firewall...
./ya-malware-block.sh: Loaded sets YAMalwareBlock1IP (65535) YAMalwareBlock2IP (7766) and YAMalwareBlockCIDR (8875) in 188 seconds

After it runs everything dies, and the content of the whitelist here is empty

I keep losing complete internet access, no access to the router, I dont have the scripts in the jffs, I use the USB drive and run the from there, this is the 2.1 version

Code:
/tmp/mnt/sda1/malware-filter# ls
ya-malware-block.sh       ya-malware-block.sh.old2  ya-malware-block.urls     ya-smalware-block.whites

Code:
/ya-malware-block.sh: Adding ya-malware-block rules to firewall...
./ya-malware-block.sh: Loaded sets YAMalwareBlock1IP (65535) YAMalwareBlock2IP (7766) and YAMalwareBlockCIDR (8875) in 188 seconds

After it runs everything dies
Try adding your local IP to the whitelist - are you using a strange address?

It's possible the new lists contain that, try adding your PC IP to whitelist and re-run

Which are the permitted IP address, I just placed the old 172.17 that I had and has the same behavior , internet stops working

@shooter40sw are you going to be around for a bit, lets solve your issue.
Can you post the contents of your ya-malware-block.whites file?

Yes Im going to be here a while, the file is empty, when the script finishes the router does not respond anymore, putty boots me out and cant ping the router, I have to manually restart the router

Code:
malware-filter# cat ya-smalware-block.whites
:/tmp/mnt/sda1/malware-filter#

Thanks for the help

Yes Im going to be here a while, the file is empty, when the script finishes the router does not respond anymore, putty boots me out and cant ping the router, I have to manually restart the router

Code:
malware-filter# cat ya-smalware-block.whites
:/tmp/mnt/sda1/malware-filter#

Thanks for the help
That is the reason why you are getting blocked. You need to have that file with this content.
The script should have downloaded it. Can delete the ya-malware-block.whites file and rerun the script?

EDIT: Your file name is wrong: Its ya-malware-block.whites not ya-smalware-block.whites

Last edited:
That is the reason why you are getting blocked. You need to have that file with this content.
The script should have downloaded it. Can delete the ya-malware-block.whites file and rerun the script?

EDIT: Your file name is wrong: Its ya-malware-block.whites not ya-smalware-block.whites

I noticed it but it downloaded that way, so Im going to delete it and run again, , My ISP is really giving me a hard time today, the downloads take like 30 m , Ill let you know, thanks!
EDIT, is was a typo error the S when I was editing the download locations!, Im going to test :oops: