What's new

ZenWiFi ET8 audible alarm sounds at midnight, every night

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BJSPOKANE

New Around Here
Hi,
We've been having an alarm go off from the ZenWiFi ET8 router unit attached to the modem; and the alarm also goes off at the same time on satellite unit that is on another floor - - every night at midnight. I've confirmed that it is not set to restart automatically so cannot find any way to turn this off or verify why it's happening.

Any suggestions other than returning it?

Thanks,
bjspokane

Hi,
We've been having an alarm go off from the ZenWiFi ET8 router unit attached to the modem; and the alarm also goes off at the same time on satellite unit that is on another floor - - every night at midnight. I've confirmed that it is not set to restart automatically so cannot find any way to turn this off or verify why it's happening.

Any suggestions other than returning it?

Thanks,
bjspokane

Are you using Alexa... have you enabled DDNS and Web Access from WAN for remote control... maybe this is related to the alarm.

OE

Thank you, no we are not using Alexa or Google assistant. I've chatted with ASUS support, and they advise there is no speaker on the unit so not possible to create an alarm buzzing sound. I will have to recheck with the person reporting this alarm and confirm it's actually the router...

Thank you, no we are not using Alexa or Google assistant. I've chatted with ASUS support, and they advise there is no speaker on the unit so not possible to create an alarm buzzing sound. I will have to recheck with the person reporting this alarm and confirm it's actually the router...

I was wondering about the speaker but assumed the ZEN/Alexa capability meant there might be a speaker/microphone transducer somewhere.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!