What's new

ZenWifi XT8 AX Access Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am not sure where you guys are located but Shaw is now offering GB internet in some areas. I'm getting great, consistent download speeds with the XT8 and Shaw's GB internet. I switched from the Orbi, which was abysmal for consistency and quality.

View attachment 24172

yeah I saw that. its available where I am, I just dont' think I need that throughput at the moment.

900Mbps download and 25Mbps upload is not really 'GB internet'. Symmetrical up/down speeds even in the 100 to 200Mbps range are a better ISP, overall.

yeah I saw that. its available where I am, I just dont' think I need that throughput at the moment.

I see it is now available in my neighborhood in TBay. But it’s $115 so I won’t be upgrading. I just upgraded recently from 300 to 600. Not for the speed, since I was more than happy with 300 but I got a pretty good deal on 600 for $65 a month so I actually saved money upgrading. And as a bonus, it is now ALWAYS testing at 650-700mbps on speed test. I just upgraded from 300 about a month ago and I was paying MORE for the 300 plan which used the crappy Hitron gateway. Now I have the new XB6 gateway my download speed is always consistent and connection to my ZenWiFi is solid as a rock. I tried my best to break this network... I streamed high definition and 4K videos on every single screen and device in the entire house, all TVs, Apple TV’s, 2 Mac Minis, 3 phones and iPads, and amazon echos... even the smart fridge all playing at once, streaming in real time and not only did the videos play instantly with no buffering, they never skipped or buffered once, and they continued playing for over 24 hours without stopping. Never lost a connection once. And I have 39 clients on my network, both wired and wireless. The XT8 handled it all like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I see it is now available in my neighborhood in TBay. But it’s $115 so I won’t be upgrading. I just upgraded recently from 300 to 600. Not for the speed, since I was more than happy with 300 but I got a pretty good deal on 600 for $65 a month so I actually saved money upgrading. And as a bonus, it is now ALWAYS testing at 650-700mbps on speed test. I just upgraded from 300 about a month ago and I was paying MORE for the 300 plan which used the crappy Hitron gateway. Now I have the new XB6 gateway my download speed is always consistent and connection to my ZenWiFi is solid as a rock. I tried my best to break this network... I streamed high definition and 4K videos on every single screen and device in the entire house, all TVs, Apple TV’s, 2 Mac Minis, 3 phones and iPads, and amazon echos... even the smart fridge all playing at once, streaming in real time and not only did the videos play instantly with no buffering, they never skipped or buffered once, and they continued playing for over 24 hours without stopping. Never lost a connection once. And I have 39 clients on my network, both wired and wireless. The XT8 handled it all like a champ.

Interesting. Myself and one of my buddies in the neighbourhood basically got like for like. Upgraded to 1GB at no extra cost. Maybe I was overpaying for 600...

Interesting. Myself and one of my buddies in the neighbourhood basically got like for like. Upgraded to 1GB at no extra cost. Maybe I was overpaying for 600...

Wait, they upgraded you to gig fibre for the price of 600? My 300 plan was about to go up from $95 to $110 and that’s why I upgraded to 600 when they had a deal on... $50 credit and $65 for 12 months then it goes up... I had to cancel my service completely and re-subscribe though which was a pain. Definitely would be nice if they gave us fibre upgrade for free though. Is that really what they did for you?

Wait, they upgraded you to gig fibre for the price of 600? My 300 plan was about to go up from $95 to $110 and that’s why I upgraded to 600 when they had a deal on... $50 credit and $65 for 12 months then it goes up... I had to cancel my service completely and re-subscribe though which was a pain. Definitely would be nice if they gave us fibre upgrade for free though. Is that really what they did for you?

I'm sure we are taking this thread in the wrong direction, so we can take this offline - but yes, I am actually paying $5 less per month for Fibre+ Gig then I was for Internet 600. The rack rate for my Internet 600 was $120 per month and my rack rate for Fibre+ Gig is $115 per month. Now, I was getting a lot of promotional discounts on my Internet 600, so my monthly bill did go up slightly over all. My promotions ended in August anyway, so I was not too concerned.

I too had issues with 5ghz sometimes not accepting my password until I restarted. Only seems to affect the 2 devices that support wifi6. As well as the blip in 5ghz connectivity where it would quickly reconnect in about a second. I now do a nightly scheduled reboot at 430am and manually assigned the control channel. That seemed to fix it for now until ASUS resolves hopefully with a future firmware update.

btw $115 for Shaw 1gbps seems like they’re standard rate here in lower mainland. I’m still on 600 @ $100/month but was offered that by Shaw chat.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!