What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 preview builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated builds:

Code:
bd404b3 rc,webui: Implement vendor class (DHCP option 60) on WAN page (closes #930)
fba2001 Updated documentation
2aa8e7d https,webui: Revamped Wireless Log page, report clients' IPv6 if they have one

I really like the new Wireless Log page.

Installed RT-AC88U_380.62_alpha1-gbd404b3 and now my WD Book usb 3 device isn't recognized. I had RT-AC88U_380.62_alpha1-g10c1c4f running before that and it was flawlessly. So I reverted back to that one and my USB3 drive was recognized and up and running again.

Can somebody please help me ?
Ever since i updated my RT-AC66U to 380.61 it takes double, maybe triple the time to boot or reboot. The same happens with 380.62-alpha1.
Is it normal or is something wrong ?

for what is Manual Vendor class (Option 60)? how to test this?

I noticed there is a field named 'undefined' when using namecheap.com DDNS service. When I try to export a OpenVPN configuration, it does not properly truncate the Host Name and the 'undefined' field together. For example,

Host Name = mail
undefined = google.com

truncated name should = mail.google.com but all that appears in the OpenVPN config file is mail

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 8.46.24 AM.png

Last edited:
"now my WD Book usb 3 device isn't recognized. "

Had that happen on my 68U. Just unplug the device and plug it back in always works for me.

for what is Manual Vendor class (Option 60)? how to test this?

This is required by a few ISPs who normally only allow you to use their own provided router. Not something the normal user need to worry about.

"now my WD Book usb 3 device isn't recognized. "

Had that happen on my 68U. Just unplug the device and plug it back in always works for me.

If it was that easy, I wouldn't have made that post. Tried reconnecting my drive a couple of times, powered the drive on and off and rebooting my AC88U. It just wouldn't see the drive.

Can somebody please help me ?
Ever since i updated my RT-AC66U to 380.61 it takes double, maybe triple the time to boot or reboot. The same happens with 380.62-alpha1.
Is it normal or is something wrong ?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Reset the router to factory defaults. Do not use a saved backup config file to configure it. Use as few custom entries as possible to secure it and connect to your ISP. As you add each feature you require (I'd wait at least a few hours between each change, if not a day or more), test (before/after) to track down the possible culprit.

Or, you may just find that doing the reset (properly) was all that was needed for this otherwise inexplicable glitch to disappear. :)

Merlin, have you reverted the change to allow disconnection of clients with RSSI lower than -70dBm?
I don't change the values for quite some time and although I had already values of -60 applied on an older firmware, I can't change to anything below -70 on latest alpha!

Merlin, have you reverted the change to allow disconnection of clients with RSSI lower than -70dBm?
I don't change the values for quite some time and although I had already values of -60 applied on an older firmware, I can't change to anything below -70 on latest alpha!
inexplicably, yes :(

I gave a voip service voipo and with this alpha been having issues with dropped connections, calls go to offline cell (failover) when no internet. tho it is connected and using browser on computer.
no custom settings needed and previous alpha no issues. guess ot could be on their end but it has been solid. rolled back to previus alpha and all is fine.
thanks for all that you do.

If it was that easy, I wouldn't have made that post. Tried reconnecting my drive a couple of times, powered the drive on and off and rebooting my AC88U. It just wouldn't see the drive.

I was having the same issue with my WDmycloud v2
I wound up going into the networking feature of the drive and changing the
workgroup name ,rebooted then changed it back and windows
picked it back up within a minute

Hi new user here, first post:

I have the RT-AC3100, not the RT-AC88U. I the problem too with the apply button not working in the smart connect rules page. Is it safe to assume that the "apply button" fix for the smart connect rules in the RT-AC88u will work on the RT-AC3100 as well? Not sure how to paste the corrected code into the firmware, so it's probably best to wait for Merlin to update and release the firmware officially??

also, if anyone can suggest the smart connect rules that would force 1 device (logitech harmony hub) i have that only works on 2.4GHz to stay on 2.4 channel? when smart connect is enabled, i like how it reduces my SSID to just one, and internally figures out the frequencies to use, but the Logitech harmony hub seems to fail to connect to the router with smart connect default rules. My thought is to change the VHT value in the 2.4GHz column to be "AC only". That would mean only AC devices on 2.4GHz connection can be steered over to 5GHz correct?

hmm so then no fix yet for the apply button? i guess i have to turn off the smart connect feature and live with two SSIDs

380.62 (xx-xxx-2016)

- NEW: Added nano 2.6.3 (user-friendly text editor)
Documentation: https://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v2.6/nano.html
Note that for space reasons, some of its features are disabled
for the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U.
- NEW: Option to toggle the display of passwords on the PPTPD and
OpenVPN server pages.
- NEW: Allow providing a vendor class on the WAN page (DHCP option 60)

- CHANGED: Updated nettle to 3.2 (used for dnssec) and increased
optimization level.
- CHANGED: Updated minidlna to 1.1.6
- CHANGED: Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.12
- CHANGED: Revamped the Wireless Log page:
- Merged some columns to gain more horizontal space
- Longer hostname shown (truncated names are now
shown in a tooltip)
- Display clients' IPv6 if they have one
- CHANGED: Accept up to 250 characters for OpenVPN client's
username and password (one provider needs 64).
- CHANGED: Hide the WPA key on the Wireless config page, and only
reveal it when you click on the field to edit it.

- FIXED: OpenVPN client shouldn't display policy routing settings
when using a TAP interface.
- FIXED: DSL/ATM overhead setting was visible on MIPS models, which
don't support it.
- FIXED: Editing OpenVPN or PPTP users with any value longer than
32 chars could lead to corruption of the user list.
- FIXED: Custom config file for igmpproxy wasn't working.
- FIXED: After turning off a Guest network, the next visit to the
Wireless Settings page would show that guest network's settings
instead of the parent band settings (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Smart Connect rules didn't apply on the RT-AC88U (backported fix from 380_3941). <--
- FIXED: Numerous memory leaks in the networkmap service. (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Potential buffer overrun in the networkmap service. (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Broken IPv6 connectivity if enabling SSH brute force
protection (only MIPS models were affected)
- FIXED: DHCP lease renewals would fail with ISPs with a broken
DHCP server that sent replies from a different IP address.

:p

Forgive my ignorance but I don't want to assume anything as I'm new. Im simply asking if the fix applies to the rt-ac3100 as well as the rt-ac88u. I know that both routers are basically the same, but I don't know if the code would have to be changed to support both routers. I know the issue was fixed for the rt-ac88u , but does that mean it applies also to the rt-ac3100?

Updated builds.

Code:
d737a56 nano: Updated to 2.7.0
f479c50 Updated documentation
697d1b7 rc: allow bogus DHCP REPLIES from broken ISPs on renewals, not just on initial lease
72c8e1c iptables: Add missing ip6t_recent module for IPv6 (MIPS only) (fixes #999)
f1f5c76 networkmap: Fix some more leaked file descriptors
101fae2 httpd: Use sizeof() instead of hardcoded values.
a1b7122 Merge pull request #1033 from pusewicz/patch-1
31bf2f2 httpd: Fix more memory leaks related to networkmap, and issues introduced with commit 1a3cb62adf8d2c1769886f43bbca1c3285200777.
c7075c6 Fix variable spelling
9de5b81 rc: Remove alarming message about NTP failure, it's simply that hourly_monitor hasn't noticed yet that NTP has very recently synced our clock, and will do so in 120 seconds.
1d5ce4d networkmap: Add missing brackets
88033d7 Updated documentation
a3b6d41 Bumped revision to alpha 2
1a3cb62 httpd: Fixed leaked handle and a few potential buffer overruns in code related to networkmap
c818a3b networkmap: Fixed numerous leaked handles (missing socket close() calls on error cases); fix crash in arpstorm when failing to obtain a socket
d372732 networkmap: Fix buffer overrun (was limiting the size with the wrong structure element - 4000 bytes instead of only 200)
942a2f4 networkmap: Fix memory leak (missing free() )
3c0ee25 networkmap: Allocate one extra byte for the string's null terminator byte
5560fed networkmap: We just allocated the target buffer based on source length, so no point in re-checking it (it looks wrong anyway)
59632e6 networkmap: Free potential memory leak
66b051f networkmap: Using sprintf() on ourselves can be dangerous - use a temp buffer instead