What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.60

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Still running "380.58_0" without an issue for 42 days uptime.
Nothing juicy yet for a major update to .59 or the alpha for myself but thanks RMerlin for the continued work.

Ok. This thread though is about .60 Alpha....

Probably Asus trying to plug the numerous holes on the webui where people would enter all kind of non-alphanumerical characters in various fields, which would lead to a completely broken webui.
Is + a valid character? If so, why isn't Asus correctly escaping this instead of disallowing it?

Is + a valid character? If so, why isn't Asus correctly escaping this instead of disallowing it?

Because since there's little reasons why the + sign might be needed in a name field, it's always safer to limit the range of allowed characters. You never know when an unplugged security hole might open the door to an exploit. Special characters such as +&? can easily lead to security issues. Better safe than sorry.

380.60 running fine here for 32 hours, just using for a router.
forgot how to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit think there was a dropdown before maybe not.

I gotta say the fq_codel is awesome. Its so much better at capping clients vs the default scheduler. I hope it sticks around, I'm a heavy user of bandwidth limiting and it makes for much less (congestion) issues with a slower connection.

I gotta say the fq_codel is awesome. Its so much better at capping clients vs the default scheduler. I hope it sticks around, I'm a heavy user of bandwidth limiting and it makes for much less (congestion) issues with a slower connection.

What kind of tests have you done to confirm that it had a positive impact? What type of Internet connection do you have?

Refreshed builds uploaded.

Code:
da2457a Bumped revision to 380.60 alpha 3
5cdea67 Updated documentation
4db5dd7 webui: Allow roaming assistant's RSSI to accept values up to -50 (untested) (closes #932)
a8fcc05 networkmap: Provide a user-agent when doing HTTP connections during LAN scanning
567f226 httpd: Do not remove the language selector if the router's region is JP (fixes #929)
abfc8ba webui: Allow IPv6 prefix lengths of up to 126 (was previously limited to 64)
0eb964d rc: Fix bogus prefered prefix request for IPv6 DHCP-PD
acac331 wget: Point the config directory at /etc, and provide a wgetrc config pointing at the CA bundle so wget can use https
b84a5c7 build: Multiple improvements to the parallel build script.
a112dff webui: Add option to disable the new webui redirection to router.asus.com.
cc833d6 webui: Code simplification and cleanup on Sysinfo page:
0da5463 webui: Enhancements to the FW upgrade page.
f30dbb6 build: Fix permissions for 7.x's trx_asus exe
b3b71a4 curl: Always include the curl exe (fixes #927)
25d5734 shared: Fix bad merge (duplicate block)
ff36902 build: extended kludge to RT-AC3200, which uses 3479 binary blobs
cff4bb6 Updated documentation
e4da396 Merged with GPL 380_3479, with AC3200 binary blobs.  Wireless driver is missing from the GPL release however, still using the previous driver.
afc2bd5 build: Force-commit trx_asus that was ignored by Git
47c3d9a qos: Fix overhead tc syntax to match our iproute/kernel versions
2030e1d kernel-arm: patch mirred so it will preserve kernel marks - needed for IFB+mirred ingress QoS (patch from Kyle Sanderson's tomato code)
421b7ac Merge branch 'qos-overhead' into qos
82d48b8 qos: Add option to control ATM overhead (backport from Tomato)
5ae5d61 Merge pull request #920 from ppuryear/miniupnpd-libuuid

I'm especially interested in feedback from IPv6 users.

Code:
4db5dd7 webui: Allow roaming assistant's RSSI to accept values up to -50 (untested) (closes #932)
a8fcc05 networkmap: Provide a user-agent when doing HTTP connections during LAN scanning
567f226 httpd: Do not remove the language selector if the router's region is JP (fixes #929)
abfc8ba webui: Allow IPv6 prefix lengths of up to 126 (was previously limited to 64)
acac331 wget: Point the config directory at /etc, and provide a wgetrc config pointing at the CA bundle so wget can use https
a112dff webui: Add option to disable the new webui redirection to router.asus.com.
e4da396 Merged with GPL 380_3479, with AC3200 binary blobs.  Wireless driver is missing from the GPL release however, still using the previous driver.
2030e1d kernel-arm: patch mirred so it will preserve kernel marks - needed for IFB+mirred ingress QoS (patch from Kyle Sanderson's tomato code)

Thanks for the update. I am experiencing no problems at all with IPv6 (RT-AC5300)

Thanks again...

Last edited:
Just installed alpha 3 on an 88u. It is running fine after install, although the first time I tried to flash it, the install gave a fail message, and then still went through the install countdown proces. When it was done, I still had version .59 loaded. The second time, it loaded no problem.

Just installed alpha 3 on an 88u. It is running fine after install, although the first time I tried to flash it, the install gave a fail message, and then still went through the install countdown proces. When it was done, I still had version .59 loaded. The second time, it loaded no problem.

You most likely just needed to reboot the router first. :)

Also just installed 380.60 A3 on my AC3100 all working fine including IPv6 will keep an eye on it. :)

Just installed and rebooted (hard). IPV6 test are ambiguous: ipv6-test.com is unchanged.test-ipv6.com now reports that AAAA records for IPV6 are not checked (so score is 0).Will check later again.

For IPv6, I'm especially interested in feedback from people who get a different prefix length than a /64, or who previously had problems getting IPv6 to work at all.

I would really like to try alpha 3 version, I'm very tempted... but at the same time I'm very scared that after I'm not being able to come back if I want and this stops me... :(

Did not do a factory reset after upgrading (power on/off reset though) but real time QOS traffic monitor is blank.

Update: After new login all is working. Apparently one is able to navigate through the firmware pages although the user should be logged out...

Last edited:

Code:

Nice thanks for that Eric ! Will try it and report esspecially about IPv6 .

Last edited:
What kind of tests have you done to confirm that it had a positive impact? What type of Internet connection do you have?

My connection is 25d/3u, I have 7 clients I am limiting. The main one is my nas, I have a continuous sync job for my surveillance recordings so as soon as a camera records a motion detection the nas backs it up to amazon cloud drive.

With the default scheduler I would have to limit my nas to .5mb/s upload to leave enough overhead for other devices since it wasn't consistent at maintaining that speed. It would jump all the way up to 3mb/s, then throttle, then jump up to 2.5mb/s, then throttle. I started limiting at 2mb/s but it wasnt enough because it consumed so much more than what I specified, eventually getting down to .5mb/s to be manageable. It would cause issues with streaming mainly (since we have no cable), now though. No issues with the fq_codel scheduler.

With the fq_codel scheduler I set it at 1.5mb/s and the most I have seen it fluctuate is +-.5mb/s. It mostly stays at 1.5mb/s moving +-.1mb/s slightly.

Last edited:
I updated the latest Alpha3 for RT-AC3200 with PPPoE connection.

1) 2.4GHz on my galaxy S7 gets so SLOW sometimes. ( signal is good ) even for LAN communication .
only router reboot fixes it until the next time.

2) I get weird problem with web pages. sometimes they just take forever to open. and if i cancel the request, and refresh the page they open immediately .

Any ideas ?

Last edited: