What's new

Cannot see my AP router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnT

Occasional Visitor
I have two Asus RT-N66U routers. One is the wireless router (Primary) and the other is set up in AP mode.

I have set the IP address of the primary as 192.168.1.1 and the AP as 192.168.1.2

I can access the primary router but I cannot access the AP router when I type in 192.168.1.2 on the browser.

How can i access the AP router so that I can make changes (Wireless setting).

Thank you for helping.
John

I have two Asus RT-N66U routers. One is the wireless router (Primary) and the other is set up in AP mode.

I have set the IP address of the primary as 192.168.1.1 and the AP as 192.168.1.2

I can access the primary router but I cannot access the AP router when I type in 192.168.1.2 on the browser.

How can i access the AP router so that I can make changes (Wireless setting).

Thank you for helping.
John[/QUOTE

Did you reserve the 192.168.1.2 address on your primary router so that it doesn't get used by another device?Double check your AP configuration. It should come up right away..

Last edited:
Did you reserve the 192.168.1.2 ip address on your primary router, so that another device does not use that ip address? (very important).. Once you have reserved that IP address ensure that you can ping it. You can also check to see if your ap is configured correctly by plugging a ethernet cable for your laptop into a lan port on the AP to see if you get an IP address from your dhcp server. If you don't then there's either an issue with the AP config, or something going on with your connection between you router and AP..

T
Did you reserve the 192.168.1.2 ip address on your primary router, so that another device does not use that ip address? (very important).. Once you have reserved that IP address ensure that you can ping it. You can also check to see if your ap is configured correctly by plugging a ethernet cable for your laptop into a lan port on the AP to see if you get an IP address from your dhcp server. If you don't then there's either an issue with the AP config, or something going on with your connection between you router and AP..[/QUOTE

Thanks for your response. Can you quickly tell me how to reserve the IP address of 192.168..1.2 on the primary router (ASUS RT-N66R using the current ASUS - Merlin software firmware).

John