What's new

Off-topic posts from ASUS RT-N66U thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Apple is the bees knees! Just ask any one of the overpaid and underworked chinese workers who actually build these things!;)

Apple is the bees knees! Just ask any one of the overpaid and underworked chinese workers who actually build these things!;)

Same for your TV, sneakers, and the other 90% of items in your home. So are you going to clear all the Chinese products out your home tonight so no one can use the word HYPOCRITE. I am more than sure the computer you typed your post on is 100% American made. What brand is that now so we can make sure there is no Chinese made parts in in? You must have missed on the outside of ASUS and Netgear boxes the words China. Your funny...In a sad kind of way!

Last edited:
All laptops are commodities not investments . That Apple laptop might look nice , but inside it has the SAME components as other laptops , ie Seagate HD Samsung memory , I have taken apart enough of them , Apple laptops are rather cheap , my last 2 laptops were over 3,500.00 , blow away any Mac and the run any OS I want . As for quality I still have a 8 year old Dell running 24/7 as a music server , my HP 8510 w has been running 24/7 for 4 years , the other 2 newer laptops have had zero problems a well . Still have a PC running Win 2000 , none o these computers has ever had a problem . My sisters Macbook pro has been back to the Genie-butt bar 4 times in 2 years .

All laptops are commodities not investments . That Apple laptop might look nice , but inside it has the SAME components as other laptops , ie Seagate HD Samsung memory , I have taken apart enough of them , Apple laptops are rather cheap , my last 2 laptops were over 3,500.00 , blow away any Mac and the run any OS I want . As for quality I still have a 8 year old Dell running 24/7 as a music server , my HP 8510 w has been running 24/7 for 4 years , the other 2 newer laptops have had zero problems a well . Still have a PC running Win 2000 , none o these computers has ever had a problem . My sisters Macbook pro has been back to the Genie-butt bar 4 times in 2 years .

So what does any of this have to do with the original claim: "Apple is the bees knees! Just ask any one of the overpaid and underworked chinese workers who actually build these things"! Are you claiming every item and every component of the items you list above never had Chinese hands on them. By the way your bright and shiny new rt-n66u was made by "underworked chinese workers". Better throw it in the recycling bin for no other reason than just being consistent, on your way to a occupy Wall Street rally, of course.....

Last edited:
....and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Mach was from Carnegie Mellon, it is a microkernel, and was designed to have "personalities", one of those personalities was BSD. It has unique memory management and inter-process communication (much of which is under-utilized by Apple), but also has a modern modular approach, which is even missing from Linux. The GNU stuff was layered on top of the BSD personality, most significantly GCC and libraries ( making it easy to port everything else GNU ).

Windows also has a modern microkernel (designed by the same guy who did VMS ), but is so shrouded in crap that it is indistinguishable from its earlier monolithic cousins,

The largest, disappointing change from NeXT for me was the loss of display postscript, and the watering down of the Objective-C libraries with Java and C++ - but Obj-C is back in vogue with iOS (who would of thunk it?).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!