What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

380.63 has a problem with USB Application - when I go into that page, it shows "Updating..." and it never comes out of that mode.

380.63 has a problem with USB Application - when I go into that page, it shows "Updating..." and it never comes out of that mode.
Works fine here. I see a temporary (couple seconds) "Loading APP list..." message followed by the normal GUI for the USB Application page.

I rarely use them but decided to take a look at the new graphs, user data, etc. The pie chart slices aren't right for the lesser used clients. The ones with higher usage have smaller pie slices than the ones with lesser. The big users seem correct. Its user 4, 5 and 6 on the top five user list that are incorrect.

And it list the top 5 users, but the graph shows 6 users?

Works fine here. Maybe try to clear browser cache or reboot.

I've flashed this on top of 380.62 without any reset on my RT-AC87 and I've got no issues with it.

I love having the QoS Statistics available now - using those, I've now found out that my favourite pay2win Android multiplayer game doesn't get categorized under "Gaming", but under "Default" instead. Knowing that, I was able to boost its priority via giving more prio to the "Other" category, which is now on second place below "VoIP".

as always, keep up the good work!

Updated fine on both my devices. Thanks Merlin!

I currently have FW 380.62.1 installed on my ASUS RT-AC5300 and plan on upgrading to FW 380.63. Is it necessary to perform a "restore to factory default" before loading the latest FW? I've always 'restored to factory default' with other router manufacturers before installing new FW, and hated setting up the router from "scratch" every time.

Thanks for the replies

Sanna1967 has the order right; flash, then reset to factory defaults (if needed).

But, I would say, be prepared to do a full reset to factory defaults before you go on a wild goose chase with phantom bugs and glitches that a full reset usually resolves much more elegantly and usually, in a much smaller time frame too.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

The first three links show how to get a router and network into a good/known state (so real troubleshooting, if needed, can be done).

The last link is a great utility with many options that also has the ability to save your settings in a human readable (and copy/paste -able) format so that even if it's advanced options don't work every time (i.e. some rare cases), you can still be up and running much quicker than any other method.

RT-AC1900P updated with 380.63 followed by factory default reset, All Good! Thanks Merlin!

RT-AC56U
PPPoE
Upgraded from 380.63_beta2 to 380.63_0

Using Traditional QOS
Instead of blank QOS Statistics page in beta2, now I have the following:

--QOS Statistics page has an upload pie chart but no download pie chart.
--Categories in upload pie chart are High, Medium, Low, Lowest, and Category 5 (No Highest category).
--Traffic in upload pie chart does not match categories. Highest traffic is in High Category, High traffic is in Medium category, Medium traffic is in Low category, Low traffic is in Lowest category, and Lowest traffic is in Category 5.

If you're sure the categories are correctly configured then it could be that the router is off by one while associating the labels with the class numbers.

The only script I added is for my router to query both DNS servers(echo "all-servers" >> /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add). Should I add anything to make my script work? Do I need to add xt_set.ko? If so, how do I add it?

Thanks in advance!

Your script doesn't use ipset, there's nothing to change in your case.

Hi there, Merlin.

Since the miniDLNA is updated to 1.1.6, so since 380.62 have I an issue (tried with this version also). Up to 380.61 showed the mediaserver on the smartTV first the libraries and after them the single files.
From 380.62 I don't have this sorting, but at the first time there is an alphabetical sorting. After copying something new the new items are mixed together, so I can find them not so simply.

Thanks for listening

Sorting is done client-side, not server-side.

20161106230416147844465615386.png

Cannot display

Any Javascript error in your web browser console?

hello !!

tried to update my AC56U right now (from 3.0.0.4.376.48_1 .. yeah I know thats reallllly old :) ) using RT-AC56U_380.63_0.trx .

I did a full factory reset before,then the update,yet when the router comes back to life,there is still 3.0.0.4.376.48_1 in the firmware info box.
Tried this 2 times,always the same result :(

You need to use an interim build. (I seem to remember 378.55 or .56 being the one that is needed).

Also, make sure you remove all USB devices from the router's ports and do a reboot first.

Finally; no need to do a reset to defaults before you flash (that is needed afterwards).

wouh BIG thanks for the fast help,will try now !!!!

update : done as you said, works flawless so far !!!

pS: THANKS x 1000 for your work@merlin
donation on its way !!

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!