What's new

1 Gbps with UDM-Pro - Enterprise-8-PoE - U6-Enterprise 6E AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dylanmitchell

Regular Contributor
Will UDM-Pro - Enterprise-8-PoE - U6-Enterprise 6E AP offer 1 Gbps? Seetingbup home network off 1 Gbps ISP. Looks like Enterprise switchbis needed to for 1 Gbps and POE+ for AP.

Using what for a client, and what's your test case?

I've done some minimal performance testing on my recently-acquired U6 Enterprise APs. The only wireless clients I have today that can do 6GHz are iPhone 15s, and what I see with those is that speedtest.net downloads can more or less reach the 860Mbps limit of my fiber service, while iperf3 testing download from a local wired machine can get close to the 935Mbps rate that I get on wired connections. Upload is a great deal slower, around 500Mbps for the iperf3 case, but I'd blame the phone for that not the AP. I don't try to use channels wider than 80MHz in the 5GHz band, so transfer rates there top out at 600-800Mbps depending on the phase of the moon, which is more or less in line with expectations for my 2x2 clients.

No experience with the other components you mention, so I can't say what their performance is like.

You might be better off asking this question on the community.ui.com forums, where there's a great deal more expertise about Ubiquiti products than you're likely to find here.

I have a UDM SE with the enterprise 8 POE connected over SFP+ and 3 U6 pro access points
the big issue with reaching the 1Gbit speed on my Spectrum internet connection was the 1Gbit interface on an ASUS RT AX89X router
The UDM SE with a 2.5Gb WAN link connected to my cable modem with a 2.5Gb lan interface allows me to reach the full potential of my internet connection when using a laptop connected by an ethernet cable
I also agree with the points made by tgl in his post

on the network stability front I have had 120 days up time before a software update restart and 130 days after

Th UI forums have lots of issues noted, I have to say that I have not seen any of them, but that may be due to the lack of complexity of my configuration with only 120 clients and a UNVR Pro networked video recorder

I have been very pleased with my Ubiquiti investment

Sounds great. A quick question: do you have full(-feature) local-only control or is some sort of account and outside connectivity involved with that gear?

Sounds great. A quick question: do you have full(-feature) local-only control or is some sort of account and outside connectivity involved with that gear?
I have both local and ubiquity cloud access.
ubiquiti cloud access allows me to manage the system remotely so that when my wife calls and asks me is there a problem with the network I can connect and figure out if there is an issue with the system or her iPad.

I certainly don't want to stear this thread amuk, but is the account necessary or optional?

Creating an account at ui.com seems to be necessary to run the controller software, but allowing remote access is optional. (It defaults to on, though!)

While the requirement to provide an account annoyed the heck out of me at first, you really are going to want one, because participation in their community forums is immensely valuable. Ubiquiti have an approach I've not seen elsewhere, wherein the preferred support method is via their forums, and unlike most other company-hosted forums it's quite lively there.