What's new

[ 3004.388.6 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I know but any secured sites does not resolve. I'll try agin and see.
Doesn`t make sense tho, name resolution is the same regardless of whether you are resolving an http site, an https site or a mail server - DNS has no notion of what type of service lies at the end of the resolved name.

everything working fine on a dirty upgrade from 388.5 alpha 1 on gt axe 16000

Doesn`t make sense tho, name resolution is the same regardless of whether you are resolving an http site, an https site or a mail server - DNS has no notion of what type of service lies at the end of the resolved name.
Seems to be related to strict DOT using google that works in 388.5. If I turn DOT off the secured(https) sites works.

If you have wifi issues, try power cycling the router to reset the chip.

On the GT-AXE16000 it's working fine for me.

I just tried reflashing the alpha(along with multiple reboots after) and only 7 clients out of 63 would connect and none had DNS working. I can ping 8.8.8.8 from a connected client but no internet access via a browser. Not even my AiMesh node would connect to the main router that had the alpha build nor could my S23U

and will also save it to the new storage location
Hi Merlin. Do you know the new location? I ask as I use my own wildcard certs for my own domain. Just want to modify my cert distribution script to be ready for the final release.

Hi Merlin. Do you know the new location? I ask as I use my own wildcard certs for my own domain. Just want to modify my cert distribution script to be ready for the final release.
Best to just reupload them through the webui. I know they are now in /jffs/.cert/ but I don't remember the actual filenames they use.

Best to just reupload them through the webui. I know they are now in /jffs/.cert/ but I don't remember the actual filenames they use.
Thanks. I was just logging in to edit my question. I ended up looking at the source code and the file names of the uploaded certs (nvram le_enable=2) has not changed. Appreciate you getting back to me.

Hey Merlin, I'm on AXE-16000 so it seems this upgrade should be safe to do given the success rate for that model, but I'm curious if you happen to know what changed in the GPL from last?

Thanks!

Upgrade from 388.5 on AXE16000 AiMesh and AXE16000 Router. After 10mins on this new code, power cycled both units. 43 clients before and after on 2.5GHz & 5GHz bands + LAN. All appears to working fine. Thanks for this year-end holiday season present & your time taken @RMerlin to achieve this initial release.

Last edited:
Hey Merlin, I'm on AXE-16000 so it seems this upgrade should be safe to do given the success rate for that model, but I'm curious if you happen to know what changed in the GPL from last?

Thanks!
check the release notes on the official firmware on the Asus site. The GPL is just a few builds behind. TLDR. Nothing really of interest other than resolving some wan issues and some wireguard fixes

New Features:
- Added new IPTV profiles, including Celcom, Celcom-TM, and UNIFI-Business+VoIP.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Added MTU setting for WireGuard client.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Fixed connection in load-balance mode when both WANs have static IPs.
- Resolved USB path display issue in RE Mode.
- Improved VPN client internet accessibility with AiProtection.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.

Thanks!
No, I don't have a changelog for each snapshots. You'd have to compare changelogs from Asus' own releases to get an idea.

I do know that one major change is how they handle SSL certificates internally. They also started work on implementing DS-lite support. Those are at least the most obvious I noticed while diffing GPLs. Asus also updated a few components, but Asuswrt-Merlin was already running these versions in 3004.388.5, so nothing new for us there.

Successfully updated GT-AX6000 (primary) as well as two (2) AiMesh nodes (GT-AXE16000 and GT-AX6000) — two (2) RT-AX86U AiMesh nodes remain on latest Asus baseline (388_24231). Everything rock solid with the exception of small glitch in updating certs (@RMerlin already addressed work-around). Thanks!

I have the same problem.
I have a similar problem - RT-AX88UPro - DNS resolution using the router's ip is not working. Setting dhcp to hand out dns servers other than the router itself works fine. Still to do a complete reset of the router but have rolled back to 388.5 final just now.

I have same problems with wireless and LAN clients.
I had internet access on my WiFi connected phone, but not on my desktop computer, which is connected by cable. I reached only the router's interface, but no other web pages loaded. It only worked properly after I turned off DNS-over TLS (Dot). I just put back 3004_388.5, no problem with that.
GT-AXE16000

Updated my GT-AX6000 without any problem.
0 days 1 hour(s) 1 minute(s) 23 seconds

My ssd disk as usual and some build version back not mount after router com back after updating.
Had to do a manually unmount/mount.
Code:
May  5 07:05:40 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/pre-mount (args: /dev/sda unknown)
May  5 07:05:40 pre-mount: Unexpected filesystem type unknown for /dev/sda

How do I update Server Certificate ?

2_Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 14-58-44 ASUS Wireless Router GT-AX6000 - DDNS.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!