What's new

[ 3004.388.6 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try downloading the latest update from alpha 1 it seems to be fixed there.

I did a dirt upgrade using the 3004.388.6_alpha1-gb287d474ae firmware… I believe is the most recent, no?

Try downloading the latest update from alpha 1 it seems to be fixed there.
I think I downloaded the latest alpha 1 dated 12-24-2023. Are you talking about a different one? RT-AX-86U here, maybe you have different router that it is working on? Speedtest still not working here. Not sure about other stuff people have mention not working (DNS Over TLS, etc.) as I don't use them.

Thanks

I did a dirt upgrade using the 3004.388.6_alpha1-gb287d474ae firmware… I believe is the most recent, no?
Check the file listing Modified column for latest alpha for your router model.

I just tried the new gb287d474ae build for my GT-AX11000 Pro and my DNS issue is related to using a dnsmasq.postconf that has worked fine for years now. I renamed it so it doesn't use it and now have DNS working. When I get back, I need to verify what that repeated keyword is as I only have a replace and append command in that file

Code:
Dec 24 07:36:57 rc_service: watchdog 2891:notify_rc start_dnsmasq
Dec 24 07:36:57 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start dnsmasq)
Dec 24 07:36:57 custom_config: Appending content of /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add.
Dec 24 07:36:57 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Dec 24 07:36:57 dnsmasq[15162]: illegal repeated keyword at line 50 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Dec 24 07:36:57 dnsmasq[15162]: FAILED to start up
You are using a .add file, therefore you are not doing just a replace, you are actively appending content to the file, and I bet what's on line 50 is present both in the firmware generated config and in your .add file.

You are using a .add file, therefore you are not doing just a replace, you are actively appending content to the file, and I bet what's on line 50 is present both in the firmware generated config and in your .add file.

Finally had some time to compare the files and found the issue. I was adding in the dns-forward-max parameter and now it seems that is included by default, so that was the cause of the error being I was using append to add it in vs the replace command

Last edited:
Smooth upgrade on RT-AX88u from 3004.388.5 to new alpha 3004.388.6_alpha1-g3edd25d7ad

Thanks RMerlin :)

After smooth but dirty upgrade from 388.5 I start counting:
388.6_alpha_onlinetime.JPG

Updating my AX88U in AP mode with this new firmware was succesful up to the point when the AX88U restarted. No wireless and no access to the webinterface (with cable). Cleared all settings by holding WPS button and powering up. Router restarted fine and I had access (wizard). Changed it's function to AP and made the appropriate changes to the settings. It rebooted and the same problem occurred. Cleared settings again and made it a router. Did get wireless and access. Once again changed it's function to AP and that didn't work. Restored the previous firmware (5_0) and all is well again. Did anyone had the same problem with this new firmware when in AP mode?

If the final turns out as good as this alpha then we're onto a winner 👍

Updating my AX88U in AP mode with this new firmware was succesful up to the point when the AX88U restarted. No wireless and no access to the webinterface (with cable). Cleared all settings by holding WPS button and powering up. Router restarted fine and I had access (wizard). Changed it's function to AP and made the appropriate changes to the settings. It rebooted and the same problem occurred. Cleared settings again and made it a router. Did get wireless and access. Once again changed it's function to AP and that didn't work. Restored the previous firmware (5_0) and all is well again. Did anyone had the same problem with this new firmware when in AP mode?
Maybe you could try setting up the ax88u as a mesh node?

I updated one of my AX88U to alpha1 and it seems to work as expected. DoT works and QoS Classification work. Then I went ahead to update the mesh router AX58U and the WiFi speed plummeted to 865/299Mbps when connected through it. To restore full speed a complet shutdown of the whole system was necessary. Probably a side effect of the new WiFi drivers. Now I'm back to 1200/1200Mpbs.

Alpha1 applied.
Router running stable - including WiFi, VLAN Tagging (TAG 201 for Quantum Fiber) and FlexQoS (with FC disabled).
Will post again only if anything doesn't work for me...

AX-88U updated. No problems (did a power cycle as suggested above).

AX-88U updated. No problems (did a power cycle as suggested above).
Speed Test working with the newest build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!