What's new

374.2239 changelog - mtu clamping?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sinshiva

Very Senior Member
i'm using a script that changes the mtu on all the interfaces on my n66, i'm curious if anybody has any details on the 'mtu clamping' of the changelog?

i'm using a script that changes the mtu on all the interfaces on my n66, i'm curious if anybody has any details on the 'mtu clamping' of the changelog?

I won't know until the source code is available, but it might be the following fix that I implemented a few weeks ago.

ok, looks like it's not applicable to me. thanks

[edit/] at least, until you see the code lol

is this used for openvpn client mode on the router? it was very helpful to me just dealing with a nonstandard wan mtu. i assume it's automatically used by the router for pppoe wan. that's actually where i re-found this trick, somewhere talking about dealing with MSS for pppoe connections that i stumbled across while searching for a way to do something like wmm 'no ack' for all tcp streams.

[edit/]

the example i found used;
Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS  --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

which is to say, it does not specify an interface. works very well for me, at least

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!