What's new

ASUS AX6000 (RT-AX88U) MTU Settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elfendary

New Around Here
I'm looking to upgrade from an RT-AX3000 V2 because I need access to MTU settings. The AX3000 only has MTU settings under a PPPoe connection which I can't use.

Can anyone confirm that the RT-AX6000 (RT-AX88U) has MTU settings available under an Automatic IP configuration?

I'll also take router recommendations for ones that are more similarly priced to the AX3000.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 203201.png

Except on PPTP and L2TP.

Last edited:
So this isn't available when your using "Automatic IP"?

If I'm connecting this to a Verizon 5G gateway in bridge mode, what would I choose, PPTP or L2TP

Sorry my damn auto-correct messed me up, I corrected it its Except instead of Expect! 😁 So it is present on all other options except those 2...

How you connect to your ISP is only up to your ISP to ask / choose (if they have options at all).

I also only see MTU when PPPoE is selected. In any other mode I don't see it at all, not even where @MDM's screenshot shows it.

All my specs are in my signature. As you can see RT-AX88U running Merlin's latest and greatest. There's no mention in the changlog of this being removed so probably safe to assume it's not in the asus version either.

I have all in my sig also ;)

RT-AX88U used to have it...?

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/17385i880EE13E7F1D906B/image-size/large?v=v2&px=999

I errored. I've been through the settings again and MTU is only unavailable under PPTP and L2TP. Mea culpa!
I'm in agreement with @MDM

I have it for Static IP also...

Sorry for sidetracking the thread. Glad you have your info 👍

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!