What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it won't take the weekend to do a full reset! This is easy... just concentration intensive. :)

Guest wifi 1 is playing up again, but this time it's disabling itself at random. Time for factory reset (bye-bye weekend) as I've not seen anyone else mentioning it.
I´ve done this yesterday (family was out of home) just to be shure and it took me about 4 hours.

YOU CAN DO IT! GOOD luck!!! 🤞

It is still present: Systemlog -> TAB "General Log"

Did you clean your browsercache?

View attachment 54881

Yes, clear cookies, cache and use different browser. It is not there, and do not know if the below post is true. As I said, in the previous version this was avaliable... sad.

1702737565075.png

Guest wifi 1 is playing up again, but this time it's disabling itself at random. Time for factory reset (bye-bye weekend) as I've not seen anyone else mentioning it.

Did it myself yesterday.
Not sure what's your setup, but took me less than 20m to set it up back, with my own config backed-up.
Feels and looks way more stable now.
Not sure what caused it.

Anyway, for me, its been forever since last hard reset.

That was not a clean setup from scratch...
That is correct.
Yet, worked for me...

To re-config everything for scratch in here would have taken 1h or so in silent night time.

2¼ hours all done. I'll have to go through the add-ons forum for the two betas early releases I had but everything is good for now 👍

Don't forget fo back up your clean system!

2+ weeks in... steady as a rock.

1702830310384.png

Of course. It's in your signature - no AiMesh, no 3rd party involvement. Stability is related to the configuration choices you make.

Also working great in a busy household with work environment. AiMesh, Smart Connect, Add-Ons (as per signature) for 40-50 clients.
1702835087203.png

I'm also 2+ weeks in, with no full reset since I bought the RT-AX86U (Orig) over three years ago), in AiMesh config, and many invaluable scripts running.

Steady as a rock.

Thank you RMerlin.

Writing credit for this post goes to @shabbs, but the content is all mine. :D

Agreed with the others above. No issues identified on my 2 (AX88U and GT-AXE11000) routers since updating to 388.5
Manually rebooted once a week ago for unrelated testing, and that's been it:

1702848241105.png

Thanks RMerlin for the time and effort as always :)

Last edited:
I received my brand new AX86U-Pro last this weekend and I’m very happy it. After a clean reset I didn’t touched it anymore and let it settle for a while on the latest first time Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.5. Then I configured my settings and installed some scripts. The first thing I noticed that there were no more Tainted kernels with scripts in comparison with my old, now retired RT-AC86U. 😊 I Played with Aimesh, WG, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband, Target wit time, WPA3, AX, etc. to get familiar with new settings and with a lot of fun. I still have to finetune some settings because several devices went down last night and didn’t come back up.

Some minor Q’s.

*I did looked for wired VLAN settings page, but reading the forums it isn’t there yet. I hope soon?

*My Wifi Site Survey page gives shows my connection is 10 MHz 54mbps with 1 one channel, while I’m at 5GHz, 160MHz at DFS and non DFS channels. Am I doing something wrong or Is this page broken or is this normal?

*I have no windows pc’s but I got spammed with dns.msftncsi.com every minute seeing the NextDNS Logs, not a big problem for me but that’s approx. 40k+ hits a month. Is this standard for the new AX routers? Maybe i setup Diversion to counter these hits before showing up at NextDNS. But would defeat its purpose.

*Last Q. These AX86 Pro front lights are so bright in comparison with the (old AC86U), is there a way to dim these bright lights with a script or setting other than turn them off or tape them?

Tnx! @RMerlin

I received my brand new AX86U-Pro last this weekend and I’m very happy it.

*I did looked for wired VLAN settings page, but reading the forums it isn’t there yet. I hope soon?

*Last Q. These AX86 Pro front lights are so bright in comparison with the (old AC86U), is there a way to dim these bright lights with a script or setting other than turn them off or tape them?
For the RT-AX86U Pro, the Guest Network Pro (VLAN) stuff is only available in the 9.0.0.6.102.4856 Beta Version firmware. That specific feature is only available for a few Asus routers.

Yeah the lights are bright. Looked high and low for a way to dim it via the GUI, nothing there other than On/Off for the lights apparently. I just leave them off. There is the bug in the GUI that one has to cycle the stupid button on then off if the lights come back on after making any changes to the router. Otherwise the lights are on but the button slider indicates the lights are off.

I received my brand new AX86U-Pro last this weekend and I’m very happy it. After a clean reset I didn’t touched it anymore and let it settle for a while on the latest first time Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.5. Then I configured my settings and installed some scripts. The first thing I noticed that there were no more Tainted kernels with scripts in comparison with my old, now retired RT-AC86U. 😊 I Played with Aimesh, WG, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband, Target wit time, WPA3, AX, etc. to get familiar with new settings and with a lot of fun. I still have to finetune some settings because several devices went down last night and didn’t come back up.

Some minor Q’s.

*My Wifi Site Survey page gives shows my connection is 10 MHz 54mbps with 1 one channel, while I’m at 5GHz, 160MHz at DFS and non DFS channels. Am I doing something wrong or Is this page broken or is this normal?

*I have no windows pc’s but I got spammed with dns.msftncsi.com every minute seeing the NextDNS Logs, not a big problem for me but that’s approx. 40k+ hits a month. Is this standard for the new AX routers? Maybe i setup Diversion to counter these hits before showing up at NextDNS. But would defeat its purpose.

Tnx!

For the RT-AX86U Pro, the Guest Network Pro (VLAN) stuff is only available in the 9.0.0.6.102.4856 Beta Version firmware. That specific feature is only available for a few Asus routers.

Yeah the lights are bright. Looked high and low for a way to dim it via the GUI, nothing there other than On/Off for the lights apparently. I just leave them off. There is the bug in the GUI that one has to cycle the stupid button on then off if the lights come back on after making any changes to the router. Otherwise the lights are on but the button slider indicates the lights are off.

Tnx!. Yes these lights are super super bright. I hope Merlin ( or someone else) can do a trick. Or I just turn the device facing the wall. 😊 The FW you mentioned is recent so I could try that on. Trouble now is to figure out which FW fits my needs/hobby, Atm I’ve script running but maybe I can do without them and divide some devices using vlans with the one you mention. Als I could grab my netgear switch and go from there… All fun and games..!

Status
Not open for further replies.