What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that is some wrong with curl
I get when testing

Code:
octopus@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# curl -s -S --connect-timeout 5 https://api.ipify.org
curl: (48) An unknown option was passed in to libcurl

@RMerlin

Ok It will be fixed in next alpha relese then?!

Probably, I don't have any exact established plan right now. 81049 is a lot of major changes, and I have to address all these introduced issues one at a time...

Probably, I don't have any exact established plan right now. 81049 is a lot of major changes, and I have to address all these introduced issues one at a time...

Ancillary question here... if Asuswrt-Merlin is based on a release of Asuswrt, do you note anywhere (such as on the Merlin download page) the version of that Asuswrt when releasing Asuswrt-Merlin?

OE

Ancillary question here... if Asuswrt-Merlin is based on a release of Asuswrt, do you note anywhere (such as on the Merlin download page) the version of that Asuswrt when releasing Asuswrt-Merlin?

OE
You have to read the changelog and watch for mention of GPL merging or binary blobs, since it’s sometimes model specific.

You have to read the changelog and watch for mention of GPL merging or binary blobs, since it’s sometimes model specific.

I see 45717 now under 384.12. I tried this earlier but stopped more or less after 384.13, naively assuming a one-for-one release relation.

Thanks!

Edit: Is similar available for test builds, such as this current Merlin 384.14 alpha based on 81049?

OE

Last edited:
Edit: Is similar available for test builds, such as this current Merlin 384.14 alpha based on 81049?

OE

Changelogs are not kept constantly up-to-date during alpha stage, since this is early development. I don't know yet if I will be able to release 384.14 based on 81049 or not since right now I am only able to compile one single model (plus the RT-AX88U on its own branch). I certainly won't release 384.14 with 81049 only for two devices, so there is still a possibility that 81049 might not be used for 384.14, or even at all.

Github is the proper place to keep track of alpha build changes.

Changelogs are not kept constantly up-to-date during alpha stage, since this is early development. I don't know yet if I will be able to release 384.14 based on 81049 or not since right now I am only able to compile one single model (plus the RT-AX88U on its own branch). I certainly won't release 384.14 with 81049 only for two devices, so there is still a possibility that 81049 might not be used for 384.14, or even at all.

Github is the proper place to keep track of alpha build changes.

Any chance to release your alpha build for AX88 please?
Thank you!

Any chance to release your alpha build for AX88 please?
Thank you!

Why? Anything in particular you need? Very little has changed on the AX88U at this point.

Why? Anything in particular you need? Very little has changed on the AX88U at this point.
I decided to give AX88 another chance after a total failure when this model was released initially. I was hoping for a true ax connection and WPA3 between .6396beta and the new iPhones 11 - unfortunately no luck with this setup. I switched to yours .13 and at least my environment is stable now and ac connections are good. I wasn't aware of the little changes on your end with .14 alpha. I guess I will wait for your next beta/final release. Thanks RMerlin!

I flashed 384.14 alpha 1. Simple setup, with DoT/DNSSEC/DNSFilter enabled and all is running well. Thanks, RMerlin.

Despite having internet connection, I get this:

upload_2019-9-23_9-54-50.png

Despite having internet connection, I get this:

View attachment 19384

Try running /jffs/scripts/firewall restart when this happens. I get it a couple times a month, but have not been able to chase down what is the real cause. The firewall restart does more than just restart the IP tables.

Try running /jffs/scripts/firewall restart when this happens. I get it a couple times a month, but have not been able to chase down what is the real cause. The firewall restart does more than just restart the IP tables.

No joy. Have rebooted modem and router. First time with this error. Firewall restart did not work; tried disable, enable in Skynet.
When router reboots log shows old Pixelserv 2.2.1 loads, then near the end version 2.3.0 loads (this is a recent change) (also have not been able to access ca.crt since this change, yet it shows in log as new 10 year expiration date)

There may be more than one error at play and I have not done a complete wipe and start from scratch.

Disable Ping and DNS monitoring on the System page.

Last edited:
I updated to the new/refreshed alpha 1 build and all is well thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!