What's new

[ 386.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Network works great here too on alpha 3. on the 5300 and the 68u

Alpha3 on an AC68U, I can't connect with PPOE on FTTH (timeout waiting for PADO packets).

Reverted to Alpha 1 which I've been running without issues since it was released.

Decided to dust off the old RT-AC3100 and give the latest alpha based on the latest GPL a spin. So far, 4 days and zero problems.

Two devices (both) on guest network 1 can no longer discover each other (using SSDP and/or mDNS), unless I enable intranet access...
I vaguely remember there was (is?) a difference between guest network 1 and 2/3, but can’t remember what exactly (which makes it hard to search).

If I’m correct: what was/is that difference?

I vaguely remember there was (is?) a difference between guest network 1 and 2/3, but can’t remember what exactly (which makes it hard to search).

If i remember correct, It has something to do with guest 1 working with AI-Mesh nodes (Not sure) i do not use guest 1 or mesh nodes

Not sure if it's been resolved but guest network 1 is the only guest network that can be extended from the main router to an Aimesh node and still be isolated. But if you do this, and there's a VPN client connected to your router, guest network 1 stops working. See this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/guest-network-not-working-in-firmware-386-2_2.71981/#post-683147

Last edited:
Hi all new to this forum but not so new with using this firmware.
Replaced all of our network equipment because af a quarantine (corona :-( )
Replaced my main switch added some extra cat 6 wiring from my switch to the main router.
And replaced my 2 AC86U routers for a AX86S and a AX68U and then i noticed there was no merlin firmware for the AX86S haha.
Bummer because the AX86S is going to be the main router and the AX68U the second node.
Then i noticed this thread and installed the alpha 2 firmware for the AX86U(S) alpha 2.
Till know everything i was used to with my AC86U works as expected also the LAG connection from the router to the TP-Link switch works.
Wil play some more with the firmware and when i run into problems will report.
For now really happy with having this amazing firmware.

Sorry for the off topic post but just want to say it haha
Hope this amazing firmware will never stop being develop.(Maybe ASUS should hire someone lol)

for the brave folks on alpha3, how close do you feel it is to levels of a beta1?

for the brave folks on alpha3, how close do you feel it is to levels of a beta1?
Not close at all, AX source code must be merged first

i see the AX on alpha2
Schermafbeelding 2021-12-05 180953.png

I do see AX on my laptop and also on every ax capable device running alpha 2.

I've deleted recent posts that were off-topic and/or antagonistic. @albinoman887 please be respectful of others and watch your language or you'll earn a temporary ban.

Everyone else, please stay on topic.
I"ve gone further back, and deleted the whole discussion sub-topic which was both off-topic and off the rails.

The only missing thing to reach beta stage is getting 45958 GPL archives for the AX models, so they can be brought in sync with the rests. This is currently stalled due to a wifi-related issue with some of these AX models, which has been escalated to Broadcom.

The only missing thing to reach beta stage is getting 45958 GPL archives for the AX models, so they can be brought in sync with the rests. This is currently stalled due to a wifi-related issue with some of these AX models, which has been escalated to Broadcom.
What exactly are the wifi issues? I've had some odd things happen a few times . Like multicast issues and just needing to reboot every couple days when I didn't before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!