What's new

[ 388.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you removed Ethernet port status from the Tools Sysinfo page as something similar is now found on the network map page.
So is there something else in the network map page apart from the screenshot I attached ? Cause in my network map page there is nothing else.
The Sysinfo page only listed the port name and the link rate, you have the same information on the Networkmap. Hovering over a connected port will display the link rate.

So to your original question:

Is this the change ?

I didn`t change anything there, this was already there since 388.1. The change is only what is written in the changelog: the removal of the table from the Sysinfo page.

Last edited:
The Sysinfo page only listed the port name and the link rate, you have the same information on the Networkmap. Hovering over a connected port will display the link rate.

So to your original question:

@RMerlin

ipad, mobile… with a mouse?? that? I'm very sad. :(
I lost an important function. and has no advantage.

pc is switched off: 100Mbit. PC on: 2.5/1 Gbit
Wake on lan…..
I fail to see how being able to see the link rate of that PC is "an important feature". You and I have visibly very different meanings for that word.

Ok... never even noticed that button was there.
Still shows 100% in there as well. So its either just me, or something wrong on all AX68 from Asus.

Just thought it was odd and wanted to make sure it was not a fixable issue on your end.

Also - still looking good for Wifi, everything is stable and no radio crashing as of yet.
One thing to try to narrow it down to Broadcomm or some other gremlin,
the utiliztion number probably comes from the BCM command “wl -i ethX status“.
If you have SSH access, try the command. On many routers the Wifi is eth6 and 7.

$ wl -i eth6 status
$ wl -i eth7 status

Towards the bottom is OBSS Channel Utilization. This should match the button.
If it really is 100%, same on BCM ;-)

the utiliztion number probably comes from the BCM command “wl -i ethX status“.
The driver is directly polled, but the wl command does get it through the same API. The two will always return the same result.

The issue is on Broadcom's end, in the driver itself. The old style wl driver is broken, but the more modern dhd driver works. Different models will use different drivers depending on the wifi SoC. Some models even use both.

388.4_alpha1 is working flawlessly at ax88u node. Readding node without any problem via wired backhaul.
Maybe will start testperiod with alpha on main router at weekend. Depends on familysituation... ;-)

Lets GOOO...
One of the easiest and seamless updates I think it is.
Did not take more than 2.5m to the whole process to complete.

Will wait for 1h, just to be safe- will do a whole reboot.
AX88U as a router, AX88U as a Wireless Node.

1h wait is over, performed well.
Whole system reboot is done, no issues observed.

One of the best and most smoothest Alphas so far.
Hope the next 24h will be as good.

Installed on the 7th and not a single issue to report since then on AX58U. Logs are cleanest I've seen, just the usual wall of wlceventd : assoc and disassoc messages. No complaints from family, looking good!

After dirty update from 388.2_2 on main router last night no issues at all. Log is clean!

Something interesting observed.
I think that WiFi drivers have been changed.

The connection is way faster and more stable, including so-called IoT cheap chinese devices.
From the WiFi drivers info, it seems new drivers have been put in place in the beginning of the month.
I believe it is related.
I have decided to try once more 160Mhz, and see if it would work ok again.
Will report after few days of usage.

For now, 12h 160Mhz is not fall-back to 80Mhz.

Last edited:
Something interesting observed.
I think that WiFi drivers have been changed.

The connection is way faster and more stable, including so-called IoT cheap chinese devices.
From the WiFi drivers info, it seems new drivers have been put in place in the beginning of the month.
I believe it is related.
I have decided to try once more 160Mhz, and see if it would work ok again.
Will report after few days of usage.

For now, 12h 160Mhz is not fall-back to 80Mhz.
What does the "change log" state, regarding any closed source wifi changes?
I just want to limit the questions addressed to RMerlin about closed source changes/effects.
I'm glad to read all the positive posts with this alpha!

What does the "change log" state, regarding any closed source wifi changes?
I just want to limit the questions addressed to RMerlin about closed source changes/effects.
I'm glad to read all the positive posts with this alpha!

It is obviously NOT RMerlin's control, as he already stated preivously.
Part of the new GPL, I guess, Wifi drivers were updated.
July 4 is the build date for the new ones, in 388.2_2 were from April.

I want to believe it is related.
Im not sure yet, as there was not enough time to messure it.

Anyway, with all fairness, Im living on a flight route, which I believed was the cause, in 388.2_2 for 160-> 80Mhz fallback.

The flights in that route not happened yet, so Im waiting for an airplane to fly over and see if it was actually the cause, or just a malfunction WiFi driver

Still not measured enough time to conclude any decision.

Anyway, in 80Mhz it worked just fine as well.
I decided to stretch the lines again.

I've got a good feelling, so I'd have to wait and see.

Screenshot_20230722_170608_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!