What's new

4 private networks, 1 router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

killerbeez

New Around Here
I’m using an r6900 and want to isolate traffic/devices for each lan port. It seems like vlan would be the easiest way.
there are settings for vlan/bridge, and I tried setting up 4 vlan’s under vlan tagging (page is in picture), one for each port, giving them 100, 200,300, 400 for the id’s (not sure what to put), applied settings and reboot and no longer would get an ip assigned to me. So that didn’t work :/ any advice?
BC079A9A-91A9-4E60-9B69-DAF29C9292BF.jpeg

that picture looks like you assigned all 4 lan ports and wifi radios to 1 vlan but did not enable it. But that would in essence be the default with no separate vlans. i think you need to assign a different one to each and enable it. But maybe that is what you did ?
There should be a page to assign a DHCP server and address range to each vlan. Did you find that ? Without the IP address assignment, the connected device to the port would not get an address for a start and not talk to the router.

read the setting up vlans tutorial on the main snb site and then post this under the Netgear forum since that is the router brand you are using

Awesome thank you. And yes this is just a shot of the menu after I reset it. I did post this again in the Netgear forum.
PS this is a screen shot of how I originally tried it which lost DHCP. Looking for a spot to assign dhcp and ip range now.

that picture looks like you assigned all 4 lan ports and wifi radios to 1 vlan but did not enable it. But that would in essence be the default with no separate vlans. i think you need to assign a different one to each and enable it. But maybe that is what you did ?
There should be a page to assign a DHCP server and address range to each vlan. Did you find that ? Without the IP address assignment, the connected device to the port would not get an address for a start and not talk to the router.

read the setting up vlans tutorial on the main snb site and then post this under the Netgear forum since that is the router brand you are using

Screenshot 2022-06-30 064516.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!