What's new

58u No getting the speed fiber connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dserban

New Around Here
I Connect my router directly to the fiber box, but I am not getting the speeds the Cox Panoramic router gets. Is there a solution?

I Connect my router directly to the fiber box, but I am not getting the speeds the Cox Panoramic router gets. Is there a solution?

Need lots and lots more info. AC58U or AX58U. Testing using wifi or wired? Are you running aiprotection, qos, traffic monitor etc on the asus?

Welcome to the forums @Dserban.

Along with @drinkingbird's questions, the actual speeds with the Panoramic router or your unspecified Asus router are important too. Along with the client device(s) you're testing with, including how far they are from the router when you're testing.

What firmware version are you on? Have you been toggling settings on/off in the GUI? Note that toggling some settings isn't the same as leaving them off in the first place. When was the last time you performed a full reset to factory defaults, after flashing the latest firmware you want to use first? Have you used a saved backup config file from another router to configure your current one?

I will try to reply the best I can:
It is an AX58U on 3.0.0.4.388 22525, no QOS, checking the Speed with the router utility and I get
788 downloads and 937 uploads. I had it also checked with a laptop connected directly to the router and they were about the same.
Yes to airprotection and traffic monitor.
To the other questions, the answer is negative.
The Cox Panoramic was over 900 downloads.
Thank you!

Disable AiProtection and Traffic Monitor. Remove Permissions from the Privacy tab. Reboot the router.

I will try to reply the best I can:
It is an AX58U on 3.0.0.4.388 22525, no QOS, checking the Speed with the router utility and I get
788 downloads and 937 uploads. I had it also checked with a laptop connected directly to the router and they were about the same.
Yes to airprotection and traffic monitor.
To the other questions, the answer is negative.
The Cox Panoramic was over 900 downloads.
Thank you!

Most likely you're hitting the limit with those features enabled. As mentioned, withdraw your consent for Trend Micro and reboot and you'll likely max out the line easily. Then you can try enabling traffic monitor only and see if it still gets that speed (assuming traffic monitor is important to you). Aiprotection is of limited benefit, if full speed is important then probably just go without it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!