What's new

6Ghz issues with GT-AXE11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dinosaurjockey

New Around Here
I've tried the most recent ASUS firmware, as well as the Merlin firmware. I often have difficulties even seeing the 6Ghz SSID, but from what I"m reading that might be more of an Intel wifi adapter issue than a problem with the ASUS.

However, when I use the WIfi Radar / Site Survey feature it detects the 6 Ghz as a 5 Ghz network, and the SSID properties for 6 Ghz have vastly different Channel Bandwidth values. I have 160 Mhz configured, but only 10 Mhz is detected during the site survey. Anyone else have similar issues?

Attachments

• 6Ghz_Site_Survey.png
    6Ghz_Site_Survey.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 117
It would appear that you mislabeled* your 5GHZ with 6GHZ. Site survey works just fine you just need to enable data collection to see any data

It would appear that you mislabeled* your 5GHZ with 6GHZ. Site survey works just fine you just need to enable data collection to see any data
Not sure I understand. I do scheduled data collection every Sunday.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to edit the bands "labels".

When I look at the dropdown on the site survey page, it shows three 5ghz bands. My 6ghz band is showing as 5ghz for some reason.

If you look closely, the channels appear to be for 5ghz and the bandwidth is showing as 10mhz, despite it actually being 160mhz.

To me, this appears like Site Survey hasn't been updated to handle 6ghz bands. I'm on the latest Merlin firmware fyi.

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    50.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I'm not one of the experts on here but given the more information you've provided I would agree the UI hasn't updated correctly, but the 6GHZ works just fine on my AXE11000. Did you perform a dirty upgrade?

I don't think so? After flashing I had to reconfigure all my settings so I assume it was a clean flash?

I could try resetting to factory defaults while on latest Merlin to see if that helps, but considering @dinosaurjockey is also having the exact same issue as me, I am more inclined to think this is a bug.

EDIT:

I should note, my 6ghz band is functioning normally. It does take longer for my devices to connect than a 5ghz band, but if you wait a moment the SSID appears and devices can connect fine. I've read this is normal.

My shared issue is with Site Survey not displaying the 6ghz band correctly.

I also have a completely separate issue that someone else reported with Smart Connect, but I've just decided not to use that feature until the next firmware is released.

I found other behaviour on 6Ghz control. I had disable the 6Ghz band through the UI but the 6Ghz SSID is still discoverable…..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!