What's new

74 days 23 hour(s) 34 minute(s) 38 seconds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

0kk0

Occasional Visitor
1695333656511.png

this merlin is stable as *beeeep* haha
74 days 23 hour(s) 34 minute(s) 38 seconds... is that good? 😂🎉
I dont wanna upgrade f/w... ill then have to wait again for 74 days to get to this point...

View attachment 53185

I dont wanna upgrade f/w... ill then have to wait again for 74 days to get to this point...

I think the record is over a year. Is it really worth staying on alpha firmware just to see that number?

It is healthy to restart any computing device from time to time.

A year?? Ohh men... that's wayy too long... yeah I think im gonna try new version then

View attachment 53185

What model router is this?

One of my Windows PCs:

1695339064651.png

Really? I had a router with >500 days uptime on Tomato by Shibby. The UPS battery died before the router needed to be rebooted.

One of my Windows PCs:

View attachment 53187

Really? I had a router with >500 days uptime on Tomato by Shibby. The UPS battery died before the router needed to be rebooted.

There are a few pretty critical windows security updates that have come out in the last 116 days, which require a reboot.....

Not saying everything will crash if not rebooted. But clearing out memory and cycling relays etc is never a bad thing. There is always some sort of memory leak or excessive swapping etc. No software is flawless.

Of course there is plenty of network gear that remains up for years (I just finally decom'ed a couple from a client site that had been up since 2012). That's enterprise stuff that is meant to never have any downtime. But in reality, we've also had devices that were up for years and after a power issue would not come back online, relays had fused together, fans would not spin back up, etc. Even the cooling of the solder joints just caused things to crack or disconnect.

A long time ago I worked for a biotech company that every 12 months would bring in a tractor trailer generator to hook up to the critical systems and "exercise" every circuit breaker in the building by turning it off and back on.

But all that aside, not upgrading to a stable firmware or a new firmware without issues just to get a high number seems silly to me.

But all that aside, not upgrading to a stable firmware or a new firmware without issues just to get a high number seems silly to me.

Yeah it whas little bit of a joke... i was checking things out, backup settings etc. before upgrading, but suprised me that my router is stable as hell for this long :D

Still impossible.

388.1 was released on December 3, 2022, which is only 293 days ago today. I'm pretty sure 388.2 Alpha 1 wasn't even in consideration on that date.

388.2 alpha 1 came to life Jan 6 2023

Agreed but I dont heed my own advice sometimes, only my main router gets FW updates... servers get sw updates but don't require a reboot, windows machines on the other hand....

comp.jpg

Welcome to the new Hold Your Pee Contest on the SNB Forums. Participants of this event will likely receive a hacked router. Enjoy it, more longer more chances.

Last edited:
Honestly, with all TrendMicro related firmware options enabled Asuswrt going for >30 days with nothing frozen or broken is a remarkable achievement. What I found breaks in Asuswrt usually affects similarly configured Asuswrt-Merlin as well. With no TrendMicro and basic configuration the same routers may go until the power supply blows up. With some torturing of the features promised on the box some routers may not hold for 30min. Like I used to test crash many different Asus models with specific file transfer to USB attached storage. So it depends what the router is used for and how.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!