What's new

802.11AC connection crashing Intel 7260AC?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kqmaverick

New Around Here
So I am at a loss right now and looking for any help. I replaced the mini pci-e wifi/bluetooth card in my laptop with an Intel 7260AC about 6 months ago because i was having bluetooth issues with my old card on Windows 10. Since then i countinued to use my great Asus RT-N66U without issue (of course at 802.11N speeds). Yesterday the power button on the Asus RT-N66U gave out, so i decided it was time to upgrade to 802.11AC and went out and bought the top rated 1200AC router (T-LINK Archer C5). Got it all set up only to find that whenever I stressed the connection (downloading large files) the Intel 7260AC would disable itself and would not reenable without a system reboot. Looking in the system logs the Warning that jumps out at me is:

Code:
The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

So today i decided to swap out the T-LINK Archer C5 for an Asus RT-AC56U since i have loved the brand and of course the problem continued. I just went into the settings and disabled 802.11AC and i am running without issue in 802.11N now. Does anyone have some angle of attack for me on this one?

So I am at a loss right now and looking for any help. I replaced the mini pci-e wifi/bluetooth card in my laptop with an Intel 7260AC about 6 months ago because i was having bluetooth issues with my old card on Windows 10. Since then i countinued to use my great Asus RT-N66U without issue (of course at 802.11N speeds). Yesterday the power button on the Asus RT-N66U gave out, so i decided it was time to upgrade to 802.11AC and went out and bought the top rated 1200AC router (T-LINK Archer C5). Got it all set up only to find that whenever I stressed the connection (downloading large files) the Intel 7260AC would disable itself and would not reenable without a system reboot. Looking in the system logs the Warning that jumps out at me is:

Code:
The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

So today i decided to swap out the T-LINK Archer C5 for an Asus RT-AC56U since i have loved the brand and of course the problem continued. I just went into the settings and disabled 802.11AC and i am running without issue in 802.11N now. Does anyone have some angle of attack for me on this one?

Tried adjusting bandwidth setting for test?, never have problems with either Asus or Netgear routers. I think the log is self explanatory. Also make sure your computer BIOS is up-to-date.

Last edited:
BIOS is up to date (laptop is over 5 years old at this point). Only fix i have found so far is disabling 802.11AC. As you said the error is clear in what is happening, does not say the cause though.

BIOS is up to date (laptop is over 5 years old at this point). Only fix i have found so far is disabling 802.11AC. As you said the error is clear in what is happening, does not say the cause though.
Latest driver? If you downloaded Intel suite, just try free standing driver.

I got the latest drivers yesterday from intel.

Looking more closely at the logs i found these informational entries around the warning i posted above:

Code:
The description for Event ID 5007 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP3
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Code:
The description for Event ID 5032 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\NDMP3

Code:
The description for Event ID 5010 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP3

Have you tried to remove and reseat the 7260AC card in the laptop?

It looks like I found my own solution I rolled back the drivers to the ones that came with Windows 10 and I haven't had any more issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!