What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question: I can easily edit the whitelist.txt file using a GUI txt editor. Is there a way to quickly process the new information instead of doing it the usual way ?
Do you mean el and 3. Process white and blacklist?

The "easy" way:
- find the line with the exact domain you want unblocked in the blocking_file, remembering that domain with or without the www are two different things
- remove the complete line in the blocking_file
- add the exact domain to the whitelist
- enter this in SSH:
Code:
service restart_dnsmasq
Done.

Last edited:
Hi kvic and thelonelycoder,

Question regarding syslog entries of pixelserv.
I see entries like:
pixel.facebook.com _.facebook.com missing
cert_.facebook.com generated and saved
I would like to exclude all pixelserv entries from the syslog
(as a workaround, since every syslog entry - however irrelevant - happens to wake my NAS, acting as syslog server, but thats another story, and the actual problem)
If I read http://pixelserv-ip/servstats, logging seems to be disabled:
log 0 logging access to syslog (0=disabled 1=enabled)
If I read /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/.config/ab-solution.cfg, I see:
psLoggingState="off"
However, I still see a few pixelserv syslog entries.
Suggestions (other than not using the NAS as syslog server) are greatly appreciated.
These log entries are pixelserv-tls standard behavior and it's sent to Syslog by default.
The -l switch for logging does not change that nor is there any way to suppress it AFAIK.

Can you please push an update that cleans up bad names from the blocking files so that they do not appear in the console. Thanks!

Can you please push an update that cleans up bad names from the blocking files so that they do not appear in the console. Thanks!
This will be included in the next release 3.8.2.

just after dnsmasq restarted I've seen logs below on AB-Solution.

Code:
Jul  3 09:58:22 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 236160
Jul  3 09:58:23 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 278080
Jul  3 09:58:24 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 400932
Jul  3 09:58:24 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 431845
Jul  3 09:58:25 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 541425
Jul  3 09:58:26 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 677309
Jul  3 09:58:27 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 761912
Jul  3 09:58:27 dnsmasq[10296]: bad name at /tmp/mnt/entware/adblocking/blocking_file line 762496

and I've checked the line 236160 on the file and it's

View attachment 9707

I'm using AB-Maximum and tried updating blocking file already but, only line numbers changed there is still lines with wrong coding. possibly because of the blocking file and it's a minor case. I just want to inform :)
This "bad name" will be a thing of the past when AB-Solution 3.8.2 is released.

It seems ab-solution is blocking something when using the amazon app on my phone! When opening the app, the homepage shows an error message and also when navigating throughout other pages as well. As soon as I disable the ad-blocking, the app starts working properly again so is definitely something regarding ads I assume.
I have tried to whitelist amazon, however I got around 60 amazon domains...
Does anybody know what can be done or which domain(s) needs to be whitelisted?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It seems ab-solution is blocking something when using the amazon app on my phone! When opening the app, the homepage shows an error message and also when navigating throughout other pages as well. As soon as I disable the ad-blocking, the app starts working properly again so is definitely something regarding ads I assume.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Try f option 1 or 2. this will show the blocked domains.
Make a good guess which domain to whitelist and add it to it in the el option.
Remove the whitelist entry if it still does not work.

It helps if other devices don't generate too much traffic when you do this to make it easier to find the blocked domain.

Give me some time to replicate your setup and see if I can duplicate the issue. I'll get back with you soon.

Update: Yes, I am leaking DNS on the router with Policy Rules. I did not even have to turn on the second client. I have no DNS leaks with the router set to All Traffic. I am currently on 380.67 Beta 2. I'll report this in the 380.67 Beta Testing Thread.
@Alfsu I am sorry. I do not have a good answer for you at the moment. @RMerlin suggests changing Accept DNS Mode to Exclusive. You can try it on your end. See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.39854/page-16#post-335015

However, when I do this, AB-Solution does not work over the VPN tunnel and my DNS still leaks. I use Exclusive on the router with VPN traffic set to All Traffic, and it passes the ipleak.net test. Another family member is the primary user of this router. Having the DNS leak is not causing issues for my use case which is getting around streaming media geo blocks.

I experience this, too. It only occurs on my phone with absolutely no issue with the Amazon website from my MacBook Pro. I have not been able to figure out what to whitelist either. My solution is simply to disable wifi temporarily while using the Amazon Android App.

I'm about to release AB-Solution 3.8.2 with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
But before I do that I'd like to to ask if an AB update notification email would be welcome and acceptable if built into this release.

How the AB-Solution update notification would work
- is deactivated by default, you would have to enable it yourself
- does no 'phoning home' unless enabled and only at the time of the scheduled check
- can check weekly or monthly, triggered by a cron job
- does not auto install updates, and never will
- works almost exactly like the manual cu update check function:
It downloads a file from my server containing the current version numbers and then compares them on the router to the installed versions.
If an update of one or more of the files is available, an email is sent to notify you, using the same email credentials as the stats and upcoming backup function.

Would you be in favor of an AB-Solution update notification or against it?
Let me know.

I'm about to release AB-Solution 3.8.2 with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
But before I do that I'd like to to ask if an AB update notification email would be welcome and acceptable if built into this release.

- does no 'phoning home' unless enabled and only at the time of the scheduled check
It downloads a file from my server containing the current version numbers and then compares them on the router to the installed versions.
If an update of one or more of the files is available, an email is sent to notify you, using the same email credentials as the stats and upcoming backup function.

Let me know.
I am not the best one for checking my email. But I would see it eventually. So, I vote yes for including the feature. Sometimes the post about an update can get buried in the forum postings. So the email is a nice way to make sure I don't miss the announcement.

I would welcome it, just as long as it is an option to be enabled/disabled.

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk

Let me know.
Yes please :D

Mario : enable logging in ab-solution. Check for new entries in the logs while only using this app. Whitelist block entries you think are the culprit.
Another simpler way : choose a smaller block list from the menu.
Try f option 1 or 2. this will show the blocked domains.
Make a good guess which domain to whitelist and add it to it in the el option.
Remove the whitelist entry if it still does not work.
It helps if other devices don't generate too much traffic when you do this to make it easier to find the blocked domain.

Thanks guys! I managed to find most domains I had to whitelist, however it seems to use different domains while navigating through the amazon app, so for now I have already whitelisted 13 domains and I believe still need to whitelist a few more.
Thanks once again guys! ;)

I experience this, too. It only occurs on my phone with absolutely no issue with the Amazon website from my MacBook Pro. I have not been able to figure out what to whitelist either. My solution is simply to disable wifi temporarily while using the Amazon Android App.

You're right, never had any issues with the desktop website version and also guess what, even the iOS Amazon app works properly too!
Anyway, the following were the domains I found were being blocked by AB-Solution when using a "Medium" blocking file type, in case you want to whitelist them too. I believe there's still a few more to whitelist and will update this post if I find any more domains.

EDIT: Using "Medium" blocking file type!

Code:
 z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
 servedby.flashtalking.com
 flashtalking.com
 ad2.netshelter.net
 assoc-amazon.co.uk
 aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
 mads.amazon-adsystem.com
 pixel.adsafeprotected.com
 ad.doubleclick.net
 secure-gl.imrworldwide.com
 bs.serving-sys.com
 static.adsafeprotected.com
 dt.adsafeprotected.com

Last edited:
Anyway, the following were the domains I found were being blocked by AB-Solution in case you want to whitelist them too. I believe there's still a few more to whitelist and will update this post if I find any more domains.
Please also add the blocking file type you use as otherwise the list may not apply to other users.

fls-na.amazon.com is the domain that causes "Certificate error. Please update Chrome" when the Alexa app is run on my Android. It makes two other blocked calls that don't create an issue.

It is in shooter40sw list, maybe lower, and when removed the Alexa app runs fine.

Thanks--It was on my list to deal with this error. And thanks TLC for the -f option.

Let me know.
I am strongly against email notification as long as the smtp password is stored in plain text. Plain text, for crying out loud. For the rest: I really like AB-Solution ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.