What's new

Ability to manage device internet access - non admin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thalador

Occasional Visitor
Hey folks. I am trying to figure out how to do something I would think is simple. My grandson has his Roku TV connected to my wifi to my XT8 mesh system. I have the ability to enforce timeframes which I have done. My daughter has asked me if I can somehow give her the ability to enable/disable his TV. I do not see an ability to add a user to my ASUS environment. I also tried to use Alexa and that didn't go well. When I tried to disable a device by name it would enable a guest network.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

I am afraid your solution is going to be to find a different brand of router. Asus SOHO routers are a single user box. You can set up multiple usernames for samba access, but not to access the box itself.

Hey folks. I am trying to figure out how to do something I would think is simple. My grandson has his Roku TV connected to my wifi to my XT8 mesh system. I have the ability to enforce timeframes which I have done. My daughter has asked me if I can somehow give her the ability to enable/disable his TV. I do not see an ability to add a user to my ASUS environment. I also tried to use Alexa and that didn't go well. When I tried to disable a device by name it would enable a guest network.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Can you connect the TV to a guest WLAN that the parent can easily enable/disable via the ASUS app on a mobile device? I don't use the app.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!